• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

Stripes are, however, the mother's milk of all orphaned suit jacket and trousers threads.

- B

As well and carefully as you dress I would love to see you illustrate the above.

Though I have no illustrious inventors in my extended lineage, I will gladly buy you dinner next time I'm in Boston.

That would be if you wear and demonstrate the orphaned suit coat and jeans look in the WAYWT thread ( with photos taken in a public place and not your office ). And with a particularly mismatched suit coat and pant which are obviously not related.

Being Vox, you could even commission such an outfit from Edwin.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like stripes. It's just that the best batch of MTM and RTW suits that I have left are almost all stripes, so I am addressing other areas of interest first as I go along.
Something similar happened to me. I had all stripes and when I switched to my current tailor, I got non-directional patterns and then gave away my earlier suits and had few out and out stripes. But I have come to the conclusion that one can never have enough striped suits.
I like a lot of things, including things that might be retro. But I also wear denim to work on occasion.
Well, I think an exercise in separating genres would serve you well. I need a denim shirt too.
Air circulation? Have you tried fresco?
As a matter of fact, I have, twice, which makes me rather a fool. Won't be a third time though. I do still have a piece of fresco left I will be giving away, possibly to recreate an authentic biblical Shepard's outfit for my place of worship's holiday play.
All our buildings operate with centralized HVAC controls, except for one place: my office, which at my unreasonable insistence is the only space with local temperature control. It's a somewhat stupid luxury, and not very green, but I like it. - B
I like it too, the hell with everyone else.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
As well and carefully as you dress I would love to see you illustrate the above.

Though I have no illustrious inventors in my extended lineage, I will gladly buy you dinner next time I'm in Boston.

That would be if you wear and demonstrate the orphaned suit coat and jeans look in the WAYWT thread ( with photos taken in a public place and not your office ). And with a particularly mismatched suit coat and pant which are obviously not related.

Being Vox, you could even commission such an outfit from Edwin.

My dear friend, I already have...jacket from faux tweed suit worn as an odd jacket:

299108895_PbLVN-X2.jpg

...jacket from fesco suit, buttons swapped, worn as a blazer:

504012356_szwPB-X2.jpg

...but neither are the iconic StyleForvm striped orphaned suit jackets, a genre that holds special place in interwebz hearts.

As for dinner, you know that I always buy, right?

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Mystery Anderson & Sheppard Expatriate Bespoke Tailorâ„¢ (MA&SEBTâ„¢):

p1000828.jpg

p1000821.jpg

p1000823.jpg

Cornellian

Reaction score
I like the length on that Manton...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Foof needs to Photoshop a lowercase "i" in that window, and then the pic will be perfect.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
p1000828.jpg

i could see this work together:

gk4.jpg

ooops, wrong thread, sorry
cheers.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
I love the juxtaposition of the 6-digit phone number and the URL.

Remarkably for such a small town, it also has a bespoke shoemaker...who can also make you new keys.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Crosspost: Summer 2009 Steed (Edwin DeBoise) fittings.

Both suits are in dark blue Lumb's Golden Bale worsted flannel from H. Lesser & Sons: one is a double-breasted two piece, the other, a single breasted three piece with a single breasted notch lapel vest. The SB suit has a windowpane, while the DB is solid blue.

The DB:

564520112_vt3gz-X2.jpg

564520132_JCTt8-X2.jpg

564520235_QnLUZ-X2.jpg

The DB will have swappable buttons to allow the jacket to be worn separately as a reefer-style jacket with shanked gilt buttons, or as a more casual coat with white/gray Mother of Pearl buttons. The DB is the second and last of the SwissArmySuitsâ„¢.

The SB windowpane:

564520164_2CVkL-X2.jpg

564520196_ZSXo6-X2.jpg

This SB represents the evolotion of making the quarters more open, begun two SB projects ago.

Next up in the batting order will be a three piece SB suit in a J. & J. Minnis 13oz houndstooth woolen flannel, and a brown DB in Minnis 14/15oz woolen flannel.

- B

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member