• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
As far as trousers go, I find that Edwin provides the most room, and Thomas the least. A&S hit a more conventional medium. Edwin also does like roomy jackets. Of the three, A&S have given me the crispest silhouette.
Isn't that interesting? My trousers are quite slim, bit then, that is one of the things that are probably a reflection of demand rather than inclination. My jackets have also been winched in over time. I don't know...sometimes I think there is more of my thinking going into my bespoke pieces than is typical for other guys...more than the usual stuff with fabric and detail choices. I assume what I do is normal, but maybe not. - B

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Communication counts.

There are some things also that cannot be captured by simple measurements. Waist, chest, and shoulders on the various jackets really aren't that far off. Something else is at play.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I guess that Ive had the benefit of having one tailor over an extended time, and remaining as pleased with my first set of things as I am with things that reflect my current thinking.

I'm lucky.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
524954629_A8MZB-X2.jpg

Steed (Edwin DeBoise) SB soft roll to 1 single-button bespoke suit in Holland & Sherry 13/14oz fresco (for those of you who care, this is a model with the front cut), a.k.a. SwissArmySuitâ„¢
Closeup of the jacket, shirt, tie and square:

524903232_erWN7-L.jpg

Today, I'm using a smoked mother of pearl button set:

524886161_rXEy3-L.jpg

524886163_EhQXp-L.jpg

I expect that I will be using the MoP set most often during Spring and Summer.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was catching up with Edwin on two new suits in process, and I learned that he is visiting Washington, DC for the first time on his next trip. He will be there on June 10th. He normally visits Chicago, NYC, and Boston quarterly. More details: Steed's View and Steed Tailors.

- B

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I was catching up with Edwin on two new suits in process, and I learned that he is visiting Washington, DC for the first time on his next trip. He will be there on June 10th. He normally visits Chicago, NYC, and Boston quarterly. More details: Steed's View and Steed Tailors. - B
More fresco, or something else?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
More fresco, or something else?

A DB and a SB three piece, both in Golden Bale.

After that, I'm thinking of an achromatic trio: houndstooth; PoW; and something black with a white bead.

You will find this hard to believe, but I have but a single fresco suit from Edwin...the navy blue three piece with swappable buttons. All the other frescos are from the Mystery Bespoke Tailor, a summer-oriented program that is essentially complete.

- B

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A DB and a SB three piece, both in Golden Bale. After that, I'm thinking of an achromatic trio: houndstooth; PoW; and something black with a white bead. You will find this hard to believe, but I have but a single fresco suit from Edwin...the navy blue three piece with swappable buttons. All the other frescos are from the Mystery Bespoke Tailor, a summer-oriented program that is essentially complete. - B
What I find hard to believe is that with all the information out there, people still smoke. Striped golden bale? You know that stuff is quite dense? Beautiful fabric but not a breather. Houndstooth suit eh? Consider finding a quality of fabric you like and then picking a pattern. I wouldnt mind a black beaded stripe myself, actually Lesser's new 11-11.5 oz superfine releases contain a black beaded pin which is quite good. I might get one myself but i cant decide between navy, charcoal and black.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Striped golden bale? You know that stuff is quite dense? Beautiful fabric but not a breather.

One solid, one windowpane. As 100% mammal, I have self-regulating body temperature and a wide range of tolerance for different weights of fabrics. And I am far along enough in life where I control the thermostat at work.

Houndstooth suit eh? Consider finding a quality of fabric you like and then picking a pattern. I wouldnt mind a black beaded stripe myself, actually Lesser's new 11-11.5 oz superfine releases contain a black beaded pin which is quite good. I might get one myself but i cant decide between navy, charcoal and black.

Interesting, I'll take a look at that Lesser.

- B

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One solid, one windowpane. As 100% mammal, I have self-regulating body temperature and a wide range of tolerance for different weights of fabrics. Interesting, I'll take a look at that Lesser. - B
Windowpane? What the devil does everyone around here have against stripes? I have some golden bale suits myself, they do have a rich feel to them and very retro which I sense you like. I'm not that sensitive to heat or cold, it's more a matter of air circulation. I get uncomfortable in still or clammy environments and a dense suit cloth exacerbates that.
And I am far along enough in life where I control the thermostat at work.
You sir, have arrived. It's actually elevator environments on humid days that get me started.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Windowpane?

What the devil does everyone around here have against stripes?

I like stripes. It's just that the best batch of MTM and RTW suits that I have left are almost all stripes, so I am addressing other areas of interest first as I go along.

I have some golden bale suits myself, they do have a rich feel to them and very retro which I sense you like.

I like a lot of things, including things that might be retro. But I also wear denim to work on occasion.

I'm not that sensitive to heat or cold, it's more a matter of air circulation. I get uncomfortable in still or clammy environments and a dense suit cloth exacerbates that.

Air circulation? Have you tried fresco?

You sir, have arrived.

It's actually elevator environments on humid days that get me started.

All our buildings operate with centralized HVAC controls, except for one place: my office, which at my unreasonable insistence is the only space with local temperature control. It's a somewhat stupid luxury, and not very green, but I like it.

- B

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria;2065884... After that, I'm thinking of an achromatic trio: [B
houndstooth[/b]; PoW; and something black with a white bead.... - B
Awesome. I like Lesser's 30942 as it didn't have such a stark white. Also nice, and less traditional but with the identical functionality (whatever that is) is a brown/cream houndstooth.
Windowpane? What the devil does everyone around here have against stripes? ...
I like stripes, and wear them often. I just don't find them that interesting to talk about. The internet is for conversation, not inventory. Solids have been edging out stripes in my suit wardrobe lately, but that is more of a rather recent trend and wasn't always the case and subject to future re-balancing, depending on TARP, interest rates and my expected retirement date. Past performance is not a guaranty of future results.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Awesome. I like Lesser's 30942 as it didn't have such a stark white. Also nice, and less traditional but with the identical functionality (whatever that is) is a brown/cream houndstooth.

Thank you...I'm taking notes.

Originally Posted by dopey
I like stripes, and wear them often. I just don't find them that interesting to talk about.

Stripes are, however, the mother's milk of all orphaned suit jacket and trousers threads.

- B

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member