• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dinner at Per Se - Suit or Blazer?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
If they still have the berkshire pig / pork belly dish, I'd recommend it.

Berkshire pig is on the feasting list.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I thought there was no menu tho...

Good news: Since Ascot can't make it, vox has agreed to foot the bill, guys.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The Stone Barns one is great, I have not been to the village one. The whole farm is a great place to take little kids, too. Since we in America for some reason spend a child's first several years teaching them all about farm animals, they tend to get very excited when the see some real ones for the first time.

+1. Fun for adults too but can't wait to take the kids when they're a bit older.

Went once a few weeks before thanksgiving and I must say it was a little sad to greet the hundreds of turkeys roaming there.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The Stone Barns one is great, I have not been to the village one. The whole farm is a great place to take little kids, too. Since we in America for some reason spend a child's first several years teaching them all about farm animals, they tend to get very excited when the see some real ones for the first time.

I've been to Stone Barns with the fam a bunch, but never eaten at Blue Hill @ SB before.

The stone barns plans are a secret, btw. So shhh.

bc78

Reaction score
If they still have the berkshire pig / pork belly dish, I'd recommend it.

It really doesn't get much better than pork belly. I'll have to make the trip up there some time.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Berkshire pig is on the feasting list.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I thought there was no menu tho...

I don't know what the feasting list is...
confused.gif
Is that for one of their special events? I went for dinner once and lunch a few times and there was always a menu

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Went once a few weeks before thanksgiving and I must say it was a little sad to greet the hundreds of turkeys roaming there.

Take heart, kind soul: hundreds of turkeys still roam on StyleForvm.

- B

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know what the feasting list is...
confused.gif
Is that for one of their special events? I went for dinner once and lunch a few times and there was always a menu

They sent me a list of "ingredients." The email says "a farmer's feast has no menu (at least not the traditional kind). We'll create multi-course tasting around the day's harvest."

Maybe that's optional? Dunno, cuz I've never been.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Shuckin' in the mornin'
Butcher, bring the corn in,
Buryin' the entrails,
Chewin' on the pigtails,
Chompin' on the dead beast
It's a Blue Hill farm feast.

- B

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Are you crossposting stuff from WAYWRN?

Ohhh!!

FrAr-gayguyfromNewJersey.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaxixi
This thread with Vox >>> This thread before Vox

Another way to resolve the whole Per Se versus Le Bernadin thing, and an excellent compromise, is to fly to Paris and eat at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon, as Sweetie and I are doing.

476327494_va3XR-X2.jpg

Borrelli Sorrento on me...some sort of beaded Missoni number on her, because I know that what to wear to a restaurant is always a difficult question.

- B

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Another way to resolve the whole Per Se versus Le Bernadin thing, and an excellent compromise, is to fly to Paris and eat at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon, as Sweetie and I are doing.

Looks like you guys know the trick about dining early to get a reservation there...

I love l'Atelier - dig the concept and the food is always great - especially if it involves an egg - Robuchon does pretty cool things with those. The NYC one is very good but the concept is not there any more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads