• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riki Watanabe Seiko Watches

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks whacked!
worship.gif

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that is a nice watch. I'm looking for a non expensive casual watch. Wondering how it would look for my girly wrist. The face looks pretty big. PeterParker, is that your pics of the watch? Can you comment on the quality? I have no experience what so ever with watches.

brozeus

Reaction score
Anyone got a reputable site selling the black dial/brown strap version? I must have this....

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
36.8mm diameter is not big for a men's watch. My diver watch is at least 43mm, and I know some of the Soviet diver-styled watches break 50mm.

I too have a girly wrist. I think there's a thread in MC on watches for small wrists, actually.

Hany

Reaction score
You guys might also like this one: Alessi Record Watch designed by Achille Castiglioni and powered by a Seiko movement as well:
AL6003.jpg

img10532603229.jpg

And on the Legend himself:
foto_2029.jpg

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
Thanks whacked!
worship.gif

I just had an epiphany with regards to purchasing this piece. I'm gonna pass since I have a Hamilton auto for a beater watch already. Besides, I need to set aside funds for acquiring a new Sinn 6100 Regulateur, it's been on my kop list for quite awhile now
smile.gif

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
274559442_30e85b884e.jpg

274558730_b8793dd101.jpg

y1pH2kwt872B60kxmyezjPnPCzaOYRJxka4txDWNOqsYp7_RKFqvglTI76qOG_E_qLdmdMIFUcxaJo

seriously considering this watch. my only point of hesitation is uncertainty over the true color of the brown strap. I've seen it range from a lighter caramel to a darker reddish-brown color. Are there multiple brown straps out there? Anyone want to provide some first hand experience with these watches? Thanks

tizim

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
seriously considering this watch. my only point of hesitation is uncertainty over the true color of the brown strap. I've seen it range from a lighter caramel to a darker reddish-brown color. Are there multiple brown straps out there? Anyone want to provide some first hand experience with these watches? Thanks

I purchased mine from http://cgi.ebay.com/Seiko-ALBA-Riki-...3A1%7C294%3A50, and the strap's color looks pretty close to the one here:
AAAA105-3

The color is very slightly paler/lighter/less orange, but it's a close enough approximation.

I'm happy with the watch, aside from the fact that it fits slightly... err lopsided? The strap is kinda stiff so the back of the watch doesn't rest entirely flat on my wrist (there's a small gap at parts between the back of the watch and my wrist), and this also causes the watch to move a little to the sides of my wrist rather than stay perfectly centered. This is my only watch, so I don't know if these things happen to other watches as well.

That description probably made the issues sound worse than they actually are... they're not really a huge deal. The watch is beautiful and well priced, so if you like the look, I suggest pulling the trigger!

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
36.8mm diameter is not big for a men's watch. My diver watch is at least 43mm, and I know some of the Soviet diver-styled watches break 50mm.

I too have a girly wrist. I think there's a thread in MC on watches for small wrists, actually.

Where? I can't find it.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a great bump.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads