• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BoO / Gilt Fallout

~Stangzorized~

Reaction score
I got on it within the first 5 seconds of it opening and it said all the baseball jackets were sold out except XL? How is that? Is that the only size they had in the beginning?

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ~Stangzorized~
I got on it within the first 5 seconds of it opening and it said all the baseball jackets were sold out except XL? How is that? Is that the only size they had in the beginning?

I would believe so. I've checked out sales from brands that aren't nearly as sought after and it will have stuff listed but "X"d out as soon as the sale begins.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't broke, I would have kopped that baseball jacket in a heartbeat.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I resisted the urge to get yet another pair of shoes, but finally succumbed after seeing the fifth post here about them (black nylon boots.) I wish I hadn't kept logging on here today. Could have saved myself a hundy.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^What shirt did you pick up davidko?

I picked up size 5, or XXL, whatever it was. Im a little unsure since I normally wear a L or XL in most stuff, but they said to size up one anyways...

Like I said, I can sell it on here or just return it. They are great about that, I dont mind the store credit.

Tomorrow is going to be bad too. RL Black Label. Ughh....
confused.gif

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
I picked up the black nylon boat shoes in a 10.5 and also the grey purple/pink rep tie. Pretty excited fore the black boat shoes, impossible to find in that color.

Let me know if they don't work out.

bigtime

Reaction score
What is everyones opinion of the reconstructed penny boat shoe in black? I like them but am not really sure how they would look in person or being worn. Would they look good with jeans or soemthing else? Does anyone own them and could give an opinion?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigtime
What is everyones opinion of the reconstructed penny boat shoe in black? I like them but am not really sure how they would look in person or being worn. Would they look good with jeans or soemthing else? Does anyone own them and could give an opinion?

Every time I saw them I wondered the same exact thing actually. I decided to pick them up because I could see use with chino's, jeans, and shorts. I liked the white sole and trim for contrast on these as well. The only thing that held me back for the longest (besides the higher prices than on Gilt) was the "Made in China" on the front, but I figured that part could wear out easily and if I wear them with pants that could potentially be covered up. I'll see when mine arrive how they look.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I got two shirts, the lavender stripe and the earl grey. Only thing I'm sad about missing is the XL Tall White Oxford.

Branstone

Reaction score
Snagged the short sleeve bib blue oxford in a medium. I don't currently have any short sleeve oxfords in my wardrobe, so I figured I'd give one a shot. I'm still on the bubble with the black nylon boots.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads