Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BoO / Gilt Fallout

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Davidko19, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

I picked the bib oxford shirt in S:

[​IMG]

Honest question: Where are you planning on wearing such a thing?

2. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Seriously. If it were not the BoO name I dont understand when you would ever wear a bib shirt. Bib shirts are the only shirts I ever see after a sale that are still in stock.

3. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

i picked up one of the bibbed shirts. i find they add a nice tailored touch to casual outfits.

4. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Seriously. If it were not the BoO name I dont understand when you would ever wear a bib shirt. Bib shirts are the only shirts I ever see after a sale that are still in stock.
    I have a black, one button, peak lapel suit from Costume National that I wore to my wedding. I briefly considered picking that bib shirt off eBay and finding a narrow bowtie to pair with the suit to create a makeshift tuxedo. That was even a stretch. I need to see an example of this bib shirt in action to be convinced that it's not just one of those batty BoO vanity pieces like boat shoe boots.

5. onion

onion Senior member

My 10.5 sperry navy boat shoes fit me well sockless. I definitely couldn't do a 10, but probably could do an 11 if i wanted to wear socks. Makes me think i shouldn't just bought 11 in those boots. Hmm.... Maybe i'll try to switch it up if 11 is still available
    Thanks for the tip... A quick google search said the womans ran large so I ordered the 9.5, but after seeing that I went ahead and ordered a 10 which I think should fit better. Luckily it was still available. Anyone know if I cancel my order if I get cash back if it hasn't shipped yet?

6. djh

djh Senior member

If I wasn't broke, I would have kopped that baseball jacket in a heartbeat.

^Pretty much how fast you would've had to be, too.

I had that baseball jacket in my cart as soon as the sale started, but ended up leaving it. Still got an earl gray overdyed oxford... Really need to stop spending money, I'm going to NYC on Wednesday.

Who bought the plum overdyed in XL?

7. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

Thanks for the tip... A quick google search said the womans ran large so I ordered the 9.5, but after seeing that I went ahead and ordered a 10 which I think should fit better. Luckily it was still available.

Anyone know if I cancel my order if I get cash back if it hasn't shipped yet?

on gilt's FAQ:

"You have the option to modify or cancel your order up to 15 minutes after your order is placed. You can do this once you receive your order confirmation receipt by clicking the Print Receipt option and choosing Modify or Cancel. After 15 minutes, you can no longer modify or cancel your order."

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

There was a bib shirt from a different company with a bit more of a looser fit and nice texture that i almost bought. I'd wear it wish some baggy with a taper yohji esque trousers either tucked into or slightly cropped with black combat boots. Not a huge fan of the BoO one though

9. onion

onion Senior member

on gilt's FAQ:

"You have the option to modify or cancel your order up to 15 minutes after your order is placed. You can do this once you receive your order confirmation receipt by clicking the Print Receipt option and choosing Modify or Cancel. After 15 minutes, you can no longer modify or cancel your order."

Thanks. I guess I'll just selling the worse fitting pair on B&S. I'm pretty sure I can get rid of them quick.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Anyone willing to hook me up? Otherwise I guess I'll just have to let this one go...

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

Bib Band shirts look babyish. It isn't channeling a tuxedo shirt.. it's channeling a messy baby at dinner time.

12. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

i may have made a stupid mistake, but size 0 is an extra small?

13. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

i may have made a stupid mistake, but size 0 is an extra small?

Yes, if it's a mistake I will buy it

14. Lel

Lel Senior member

If you layer over it, most people would probably not notice it as a bib shirt so it would just be a shirt with an interesting detail, like contrast colors.

15. cucurrucucu

cucurrucucu Active Member

If you layer over it, most people would probably not notice it as a bib shirt so it would just be a shirt with an interesting detail, like contrast colors.
    This is exactly what I thinking of. I hope it works though...