• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Denim

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Thinking about getting cougars, I just hate the pocket stitching.

You're really going to base your jeans buying decision on something that can be removed in 45 seconds with a seam ripper? Buy the jeans! They're wonderful.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
??? For all of the jeans on SF, Ande's aren't really expensive... lower-middle of the spectrum is where I'd place them

jbm7777

Reaction score
Ande's pocket stitching was something that I wasn't too fond of either, but upon seeing the faded samples on sufu of worn AW jeans, the bright stitching becomes a nice vintage color mix of the yellow and the dark blue indigo of the jeans. It looks good after they are used for a while, and probably after a wash or two.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the name. I'm sure the jeans are nice, but the name drives me crazy.

kit99bar

Reaction score
you can make a good educated guess how they will fit compared to your new cures by measuring.
biggrin.gif
RAKERCHART.jpg
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
How do Rakers compare to APC New cures in terms of fit? I know my sizing for AW but I can't be certain how they will fit until I actually decide to order them.

SykoFreak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Thinking about getting cougars, I just hate the pocket stitching.

Originally Posted by Listi
You're really going to base your jeans buying decision on something that can be removed in 45 seconds with a seam ripper? Buy the jeans! They're wonderful.

I bought some Cougars. At first, I liked the back pocket stitching. Then I changed my mind so I bought a seam ripper, and removed it. You shouldn't let a hatred of the back pocket stitching influence your decision.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SykoFreak
I bought some Cougars. At first, I liked the back pocket stitching. Then I changed my mind so I bought a seam ripper, and removed it. You shouldn't let a hatred of the back pocket stitching influence your decision.
yah, i guess that's the good thing about untreated denim. next pair of jeans i cop with probably be cougars. are cougars bigger than NS? I have some new standards now but I was gonna cop rescues for my next pair, wanted a little more room through the leg. Probably have to size up with the cougars?

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StarterStyle
Are Ande's waist sizes true?

True to what he measures? Yes.

And to the poster above, yes the Cougars are bigger than the NS. Just read the measurements. Every single one of the jeans he makes has a detailed measurement and the measurements are accurate.

Chinook

Reaction score
I just put some conditioner on my patch and now about half of the original indigo stamp is there
laugh.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
yeah, and they supposedly never shrink or stretch...

Everything stretches... My grifters have loosened up nicely in the thighs, and a little in the waist, still snug, but not tight.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As weird as this sounds... how deep are the front pockets? I hated switching from Levis to NC and having to deal with tiny pockets I can barely fit my hands into.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads