1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ande Whall Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by knucks, Nov 30, 2006.

1. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

My Cougars, when new, were quasi-tight in the thighs. I have had them for about 2 months now, and they have stretched to a fitted, not fag-tight, look. There is no question that the Cougars are a more relaxed cut than the NS.

Haha, yah you're right. Thanks for the help man. If you had a fit pic for the cougars it would be rad.

2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I posted this a while back in the denim pictures thread. These are my Grifters, pretty much retired now that the pocket bags have disintegrated. I have a new pair but I haven't really started wearing them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i made sure to tell andewhall to make my pocket bags indestructable, as they always seem to rip. he made it of really thick canvas

4. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Senior member

Before stepping into this thread I knew nothing of Ande Whall. Now I'm considering getting a pair of Cougars that I don't really need.

Good thread.

5. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

i made sure to tell andewhall to make my pocket bags indestructable, as they always seem to rip. he made it of really thick canvas
    so he improved it for all his jeans or just your pair?[​IMG]

6. andewhall

andewhall Senior member

Hey guys. I e-mailed Mr. Chinook this before about the pocketing etc. It's much more prevalent on the slimmer models and if they are super skin tight.

Yeah it happens a bit on the slimmer models. Its fairly tough 10oz cotton duck pocketing so it has less pocket opening and pocket bag "blow-out". They do end up joining up with whiskers most of the time.

An old tailors trick is to tap a thick seam down with the end of their very heavy shears before sewing so the machine can sew over the seam with more ease, you can apply this method to the end of the pocket bag seam if its really bothering you. Just turn the jeans inside out, put the end seam on a hard, flat surface like a heavy wooden chopping board and gently hammer the seam flat....it works quite well. Some Japanese dudes do this to the cuff before hemming, I have seen a youtube vid of a guy using an old wooden mallet, was pretty cool.

7. andewhall

andewhall Senior member

so he improved it for all his jeans or just your pair?[​IMG]

I think there was some pocket liner testing going on when I made Poly's, it's been all the same since the new line came out last year. There may have been one or two that was in the 8oz, not the 10oz.

The Cougar cut has been tapered since the new line started also, all the older models...pre blue/white tab were a looser straight leg. It's similar to a '66 cut, so slim in a vintage sense, not slim in a modern sense. Grifter has always been the flagship slim/straight fit.

8. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

You beat me to it. I used a rolling pin and it worked quite nicely. Reduced the 'thickness' of the pocket bag in half.

But I should probably pay attention to the rest of this lecture.. Why not pay $5000 to browse styleforum [​IMG]

9. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I think there was some pocket liner testing going on when I made Poly's, it's been all the same since the new line came out last year. There may have been one or two that was in the 8oz, not the 10oz.

The Cougar cut has been tapered since the new line started also, all the older models...pre blue/white tab were a looser straight leg. It's similar to a '66 cut, so slim in a vintage sense, not slim in a modern sense. Grifter has always been the flagship slim/straight fit.

When will we be seeing the new black denim?[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. poly800rock

i think all of them come with the canvas
    [​IMG]

11. GY!BE

GY!BE Senior member

considering a pair of cougars

if anybody has some fit pix, I would def. like to see them

12. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

considering a pair of cougars

if anybody has some fit pix, I would def. like to see them

i second that

13. Tourangh

Tourangh Senior member

I have a pair of cougars. Only problem is I broke my camera recently and have been meaning to head to circuit city to get a new one cheap. I could use the cell phone but that will most likely turn out terrible.

14. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

im still confused about the sizing. i want to buy cougars in the xx-di model, and AW recommends sizing up 1". but if they shrink ~1" and can stretch ~1", won't i be left with jeans that are too big?
    what if i just bought my true waist and did an initial soak while wearing the jeans

15. poly800rock

don't worry about the waist on these guys, keep in mind the thigh measurments

16. pekklemon

pekklemon Well-Known Member

im still confused about the sizing. i want to buy cougars in the xx-di model, and AW recommends sizing up 1". but if they shrink ~1" and can stretch ~1", won't i be left with jeans that are too big?
    what if i just bought my true waist and did an initial soak while wearing the jeans

that's what i do with unsanforized denim. but instead i put a clothes hanger. So poly is right, watch the thigh

17. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

Yeah, it is the thighs that will pose the most problems. They are no where near as 'stretchy' as APCs thus far.

18. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

My Raker 31x32 XX-DI (Shrink to Fit)

before Shrink, new [​IMG]

*1st pic with flash.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh my god. I think I found my next pair of jeans. How tall are you/how low are you wearing them? I'm thinking about getting a 34 inseam (I'm 5'10), I'm looking for very mild stacking.

19. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

what does that mean?

20. gusd671

gusd671 Well-Known Member

^it means the thighs will be so tight you'll get blood clots. the waist on the other hand will become much more comfortable by comparison.