• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whey vs. Milk

Brian SD

Reaction score
Why may be argumentative and self-righteous, but if anyone is currently looking like a troll right now, it's you, beasty.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
why's lift and pic, not mine.

lefty

To Lefty... my bad
baldy[1].gif

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty

If you are not into vanity exercises, what is your goal in the gym? To look like **** while perfecting your crappy lifts? So you can lift 3 times your bodyweight while people ask you "˜You serious? You really work out?"

It's a gym, people go for different reasons and have different goals in mind. Strength is as legitimate as any other reason for working out. He might not look huge, but he does look like he is in shape and works out.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Why may be argumentative and self-righteous, but if anyone is currently looking like a troll right now, it's you, beasty.

Nope. Do you know what a troll is? My posts are not calculated to get a rise from anybody. My posts actually point out the stupidity of others like why. So how can that be trolling? Why is not self righteous and argumentative. The right words are delusional, oblivious and no grasp of reality.

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
But if he's pulling for a PR you have to expect a little wonky form. I only saw it once and there may have been a hitch, but honestly I don't much care.
I know, but it is not because of joint angles like he claimed. I've pulled similarly before and cursed myself after
plain.gif
I'm gonna give you a hand here:
My bad, thanks for the explanation.
Don't blame me, blame my mac. lefty
Pfft, it knows.
Originally Posted by why
I said bloodstream, though, not the stomach. I can work out either way. It doesn't matter much.
No, you said digestion in a sentence following a meal timing quote. And yes, you can work out either way.
Originally Posted by Brian SD
+1 We get it, your goals are different than his, mine, Eason's, lefty's, etc. There's no point in having this argument last 9 pages. I've had it before as others have, it won't get very far and just upset people - it looks like yourself the most.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
It's a gym, people go for different reasons and have different goals in mind. Strength is as legitimate as any other reason for working out. He might not look huge, but he does look like he is in shape and works out.

I know that!

My point is this forum is for people into style and vanity etc.
This forum is not for people who want to be strong and can deadlift their momma.
So what is why doing here if he is not into looking good as a result of his workout?
The answer: He is trolling here. Enough said!

BTW he doesnt look in shape nor work out.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty

BTW he doesnt look in shape nor work out.

Have you seen people who don't work out and are not in shape? Because they don't look like that. Not everyone who works out and is in shape looks like a bodybuilder.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Why do you bother to use logic on beasty? He's immune to persuasion, unless it comes from Jay Cutler. Or The Imaginaut.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Have you seen people who don't work out and are not in shape? Because they don't look like that. Not everyone who works out and is in shape looks like a bodybuilder.

I know that!

People who work out/in shape may not have a 6 pack or bulging biceps but they look presentable and respectable and what a common man in the street would view as ‘keeping in shape’ either via sports or running.

Why look like some old guy in his mid to late 40s just beginning to do some sport. His arms are too small for someone who allege he can lift so much. BTW you don’t have small arms from deadlifting hundreds of lbs but it need not be gargantuan.
So what is Why? You got it! A troll who doesn’t know what he is talking about and doesn’t do what he claim.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
The......straps......?

I use straps too and my arms aint puny like why.
Straps cant help you if you aint got the muscles to lift.
If you tried lifting heavy, you know, cos your grip will loosen and weaken and the strain lifting from your fingers is tremendous.

BTW using straps would not make your arms atrophy and his body parts don't look like someone who deadlift a lot. Lets see his back. His back thickness should be there if he does lift.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The......straps......?
That's a thicker bar. I didn't feel like changing the weights so I used straps because I can't hook grip thick bars. I don't know why you're trying to judge the size of my arms from that picture as if upper arm size has something to do with grip strength. You're just looking for stupid **** to make yourself feel better.
Originally Posted by adveristy04
I know, but it is not because of joint angles like he claimed. I've pulled similarly before and cursed myself after
It is because of joint angles. PRs require a lot of effort and the body almost naturally gravitates toward the strongest joint angle during them. You don't know what you're talking about, so please just stop. I don't get why people can't just say 'good job'. Your almost constant attempt to drag me down speaks volumes for yourself.
No, you said digestion in a sentence following a meal timing quote. And yes, you can work out either way.
Digestion != stomach.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads