• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grant
Why won't a brand like Ed Hardy go out of business already..

Because you have a functioning brain which puts you in the minority, EH is on a fairly fast decline...so... I..... hear......

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i heard a rumor rick owens was going out of business and ccp is bankrupt. stylezeitgeist mourns for thee. the diffusion line of drkshdw will continue at UO only

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i heard a rumor rick owens was going out of business and ccp is bankrupt. stylezeitgeist mourns for thee. the diffusion line of drkshdw will continue at UO only

Im ebarrassed to find out that drkshdw is going to be in urban outfitters. I guess some of it has already shown up in NY, but if or when it comes to Seattle I will cry.
Just picked up another pair of detroit cuts yesterday only because the only shop here who carries them was trying to get rid of it before it goes mainstream. i also got the drapey twisty top. If you visit seattle in the next month check out riveted. Lex (owner) is basically giving their stuff away.
anyway, moral of the story. drkshdw is kinda selling out and its lame..

Jay_1989

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Loving how people are shocked that this closed.

Think of the things that have closed during the recession. SCORES. SCORES closed because of the recession. A business built entirely on cash, probably tax-free, used to bring in up to $400K a night. Closed. Scores! closed! And you think Band of Outsiders is going to survive?

Get used to it folks. SoCal is going to be starting a few of these threads over the next six months.

what the hell? i didnt know that they shut down, thats crazy

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Because you have a functioning brain which puts you in the minority, EH is on a fairly fast decline...so... I..... hear......
I hear your straight-jacket producing neighbors are fairing quite well, however.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
If you visit seattle in the next month check out riveted. Lex (owner) is basically giving their stuff away.
eh? Riveted closed a while back.
eh.gif

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Im ebarrassed to find out that drkshdw is going to be in urban outfitters. I guess some of it has already shown up in NY, but if or when it comes to Seattle I will cry.
Just picked up another pair of detroit cuts yesterday only because the only shop here who carries them was trying to get rid of it before it goes mainstream. i also got the drapey twisty top. If you visit seattle in the next month check out riveted. Lex (owner) is basically giving their stuff away.
anyway, moral of the story. drkshdw is kinda selling out and its lame..

lol wtf is UO really selling drkshdw i'm so confused

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I hear your straight-jacket producing neighbors are fairing quite well, however.
It will never die!, wannabe werewolves, vampires and perverts will always survive the worst of economic times.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jskidder
when i hear people ***** about BoO i usually assume one or both of the following are true:

1. they can't afford it
2. they are too fat to fit into it

this made me laugh.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
lol wtf is UO really selling drkshdw i'm so confused
UO are on a mission to carry everything you can find at Barney's co-op for 1/3 of the price under a diffusion label. Whether the design language trancends to the majority of their customer base is another issue. Challenging the majority with too much design is a risk.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
It will never die!, wannabe werewolves, vampires and perverts will always survive the worst of economic times.
Germany, right? WTF.
UO are on a mission to carry everything you can find at Barney's co-op for 1/3 of the price under a diffusion label. Whether the design language trancends to the majority of their customers is another issue.
Steven Alan, Rogues, Fred Perry...

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UO are on a mission to carry everything you can find at Barney's co-op for 1/3 of the price under a diffusion label. Whether the design language trancends to the majority of their customer base is another issue. Challenging the majority with too much design is a risk.

that's sort of surprising, drkshdw price point seems to be above what I usually see in UO. that's a shame

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads