1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SoCal2NYC, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Am I missing some sarcasm, or are those brands just too mid-market for you?

All garbage all the time.

2. Al-Wahid

Al-Wahid Well-Known Member

Let's hope tim hamilton, michael bastian, tony mellilo and loden dager are next.

Regardless or what you think about the clothes it seems like bad karma to wish failure upon someone for no reason. Of course there are exceptions for celebrity clothing lines and anything produced by Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, or J. Lo.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

It was some truth with a dash of sarcasm.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

If they closed, I would guess that it is due to cash flow problems. Loads of businesses that on the balance sheet are solvent run into cash flow problems and are forced to close their doors. The average payment is 60 days late. (Every designer I know says that the Japanese are the best to deal with, and that American boutiques generally suck), which puts a major stress on businesses. And stores that go out of business or are floundering will put off paying their vendors (as opposed to say, the rent) as long as possible, since the vendors have remarkably little recourse. So, you could be having great sell through, and still be scrambling for dear life if your stockists are being dicks about paying you. The only real weapon you have is to hold orders, but you would still have essentially written off a crapload of merchandise.

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

I hear Margiela too man, dude doesn't even design his own line!

6. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

when i hear people bitch about BoO i usually assume one or both of the following are true:

1. they can't afford it
    2. they are too fat to fit into it

[​IMG] You made me smile on a Tuesday at work!!!

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

Internet hype/critical aclaim does not always equal success.

This is true also, we always admired Ksubi and look what happened!, now it's scaled back to one rack of jeans for it's next presentation.

8. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

ugh i still want a pair of those boat high tops. heres to them staying alive and countless more seasons of those shoes.

9. southgate house

southgate house Well-Known Member

I think it's somewhat strange and humorous that Barney's is still selling the holiday collection (velvet blazers) at full price and that stores like South Willard have already received Spring items but Barney's has nothing.

10. keykoo

keykoo Well-Known Member

I found it stranger that SW put their holiday stuff on sale that quickly. They must have had that for like a week before they put it at 40% off.

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

When he goes on sale it's usually everything he doesn't discriminate.

12. Racove

Racove Well-Known Member

they should move production to China and call it Band of Insiders. seems like the fit was the main draw, more so than the quality.

13. jskidder

jskidder Well-Known Member

Let's hope tim hamilton, michael bastian, tony mellilo and loden dager are next.

i fucking hate all of these as well. with the exception of a very small number of random hamilton pieces, none of these designers has done anything i would consider purchasing. and loden dager in particular is just complete garbage in terms of quality and fabrics.

14. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

robin et all - they no longer produce tall shirts [​IMG] if this is true I'm gonna be bummed. any other companies make a similiar heavy oxford with a huge taper?

15. jskidder

jskidder Well-Known Member

if this is true, i will buy like a madman this season.

16. Leonard Leroy

Leonard Leroy Well-Known Member

Looks like its time to beast on this shit.

17. Grant

Grant Member

Why won't a brand like Ed Hardy go out of business already..

18. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

Why won't a brand like Ed Hardy go out of business already..

Because you have a functioning brain which puts you in the minority, EH is on a fairly fast decline...so... I..... hear......

19. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

i heard a rumor rick owens was going out of business and ccp is bankrupt. stylezeitgeist mourns for thee. the diffusion line of drkshdw will continue at UO only

20. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

i heard a rumor rick owens was going out of business and ccp is bankrupt. stylezeitgeist mourns for thee. the diffusion line of drkshdw will continue at UO only

Im ebarrassed to find out that drkshdw is going to be in urban outfitters. I guess some of it has already shown up in NY, but if or when it comes to Seattle I will cry.
    Just picked up another pair of detroit cuts yesterday only because the only shop here who carries them was trying to get rid of it before it goes mainstream. i also got the drapey twisty top. If you visit seattle in the next month check out riveted. Lex (owner) is basically giving their stuff away.
    anyway, moral of the story. drkshdw is kinda selling out and its lame..