• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Am I missing some sarcasm, or are those brands just too mid-market for you?

All garbage all the time.

Al-Wahid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Let's hope tim hamilton, michael bastian, tony mellilo and loden dager are next.

Regardless or what you think about the clothes it seems like bad karma to wish failure upon someone for no reason. Of course there are exceptions for celebrity clothing lines and anything produced by Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, or J. Lo.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It was some truth with a dash of sarcasm.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they closed, I would guess that it is due to cash flow problems. Loads of businesses that on the balance sheet are solvent run into cash flow problems and are forced to close their doors. The average payment is 60 days late. (Every designer I know says that the Japanese are the best to deal with, and that American boutiques generally suck), which puts a major stress on businesses. And stores that go out of business or are floundering will put off paying their vendors (as opposed to say, the rent) as long as possible, since the vendors have remarkably little recourse. So, you could be having great sell through, and still be scrambling for dear life if your stockists are being dicks about paying you. The only real weapon you have is to hold orders, but you would still have essentially written off a crapload of merchandise.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I hear Margiela too man, dude doesn't even design his own line!

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jskidder
when i hear people ***** about BoO i usually assume one or both of the following are true:

1. they can't afford it
2. they are too fat to fit into it

worship.gif
You made me smile on a Tuesday at work!!!

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Internet hype/critical aclaim does not always equal success.

This is true also, we always admired Ksubi and look what happened!, now it's scaled back to one rack of jeans for it's next presentation.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh i still want a pair of those boat high tops. heres to them staying alive and countless more seasons of those shoes.

southgate house

Reaction score
I think it's somewhat strange and humorous that Barney's is still selling the holiday collection (velvet blazers) at full price and that stores like South Willard have already received Spring items but Barney's has nothing.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found it stranger that SW put their holiday stuff on sale that quickly. They must have had that for like a week before they put it at 40% off.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
When he goes on sale it's usually everything he doesn't discriminate.

Racove

Reaction score
they should move production to China and call it Band of Insiders. seems like the fit was the main draw, more so than the quality.

jskidder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Let's hope tim hamilton, michael bastian, tony mellilo and loden dager are next.

i ******* hate all of these as well. with the exception of a very small number of random hamilton pieces, none of these designers has done anything i would consider purchasing. and loden dager in particular is just complete garbage in terms of quality and fabrics.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
robin et all - they no longer produce tall shirts
frown.gif
if this is true I'm gonna be bummed. any other companies make a similiar heavy oxford with a huge taper?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads