• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWN - The best of

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Yeah, unless the whites clash in some way. I always wondered though, is it a slightly extended shoulder and how heavy is the (100% wool?) fabric?
It's 100% cotton, and pretty light, though I don't know the exact weight. The shoulders are extended as much as my other jackets, but they look a little straighter because the fabric is so light. At least that is what I imagine.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
If that seersucker jacket is wool, it should be burned.
Ok I'm an idiot it's cotton. Looks "heavier" for some reason. Nice shoulder line I think. When you wear something like this is has got to fit well otherwise you're the guy selling ice cream.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If that seersucker jacket is wool, it should be burned.

Isn't seersucker defined by the weave that makes it look rumply? Is it even possible to have wool seersucker? Matt's jacket just looks striped to me, not seersucker.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Isn't seersucker defined by the weave that makes it look rumply? Is it even possible to have wool seersucker? Matt's jacket just looks striped to me, not seersucker.
It is seersucker, just with wider seers or suckers or whatever.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Yes, but it's possible to make a seersucker pattern in wool. It should never be done, but it is.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seersucker is a puckered cloth, no?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
It is seersucker, just with wider seers or suckers or whatever.

Yes, but it's possible to make a seersucker pattern in wool. It should never be done, but it is.

So, are the rumples just so big that you can't see them?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
So, are the rumples just so big that you can't see them?

The rumples result from alternating tensions in parallel threads. There is no reason this cannot be done in wool, it just never or rarely is.

I am too much of a purist to appreciate seersucker in anything but cotton.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
It's 100% cotton, and pretty light, though I don't know the exact weight. The shoulders are extended as much as my other jackets, but they look a little straighter because the fabric is so light. At least that is what I imagine.

So it's the "exact" (as can be) same cut? Looks more padded, guess it's the fabric. Great fit anyway but no ******* beige trousers and tan shoes with it please.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The rumples result from alternating tensions in parallel threads. There is no reason this cannot be done in wool, it just never or rarely is.

I am too much of a purist to appreciate seersucker in anything but cotton.

I ask not because the jacket looked like it might be made of wool, but because it doesn't appear rumpled.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
So it's the "exact" (as can be) same cut? Looks more padded, guess it's the fabric. Great fit anyway but no ******* beige trousers and tan shoes with it please.

I don't know if it is the "exact" same, but we didn't talk about it being different. That said, they do change my shoulders from time to time without my asking, and definitely cut different fabrics differently, so you are probably right.

FWIW, my summer pant selection sucks. I have a pair of white chinos that might work, but it is definitely a hole for me, mainly because I like wearing flannel about ten times more than any other fabric for pants.

I ask not because the jacket looked like it might be made of wool, but because it doesn't appear rumpled.

It is rumpled. I swear.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

FWIW, my summer pant selection sucks. I have a pair of white chinos that might work, but it is definitely a hole for me, mainly because I like wearing flannel about ten times more than any other fabric for pants.

You need orange and pink pants. Actually, I am going to wear orange pants tomorrow
bounce2.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm surprised to see that fit show up. I still can't figure out how to wear that jacket well. Do you think white jeans would be good?

You didn't ask me, but what about dark red cords?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
You didn't ask me, but what about dark red cords?

Summer jacket ≠ winter pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads