WAYWN - The best of

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Jan 7, 2009.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I don't even look at MC WAYWT too often and I remember most of these. Great stuff.

2. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

There are a lot of "big" guys that dress well. AHarris, yatchie aren't exactly 32 inch waisters [​IMG] There are also a lot of guys (large and small) that don't post pics that I know dress well.

Well, I didn't say it was impossible. [​IMG] I am a big guy and I think I dress well... Ha. I recognize the challenges of fit inherent in my size, though, and I think it's harder for a guy who's, say, 20 lbs. overweight to dress to the ideal than for a guy who's 20 lbs. underweight. I'm talking things like shirt collar fit and how a big neck or larger chin affects tie space or the ability to wear a spread collar... the way trousers sit on the hips instead of the waist if you have a belly... waist suppression... issues of proportion in tie and lapel width (the skinny ties in vogue right now look ridiculous on bigger guys), etc.

Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread. Aharris I'm not sure of cuz I'm not sure what he looks like [​IMG]

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread. Aharris I'm not sure of cuz I'm not sure what he looks like [​IMG]

Yachtie

A Harris x 2

4. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Yachtie

Touche.

A Harris x 2

Thanks, but this guy is clearly not even close to overweight. Muscular, yes. But not even, say, husky. I'm husky. I'd post a pic, but none of mine are worthy of this thread [​IMG]

Not trying to threadjack, though. Great looks and folks should keep em coming. I'll try to post a comprehensive "fat guys dressing challenges" thread tonight if I have time.

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Matt should only wear that jacket with white or black, possibly grey. Yuck! (just sayin).

I'm surprised to see that fit show up. I still can't figure out how to wear that jacket well. Do you think white jeans would be good?

6. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I like it, just wish the shoulders were softer, like his DB for example.

That was my first suit from him. It took a few orders to get him to come my way on certain things.

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Do you guys regularly save WAYW pics to your HDDs? [​IMG]

And people wonder why I block out my face? [​IMG]

I don't save pics, but I found a quick way to find pics I liked. It should work for most regular posters in there. If you search within the WAYWT for posts, by your own username, with a time limit of one year, you'll pull up about 20 pages of results. It's really easy to skim them for posts where you complimented someone's look, and then open those posts in a new tab in your browser and then copy/paste the image URL into this thread. Takes about 10-15 minutes to review the entire year, tops.

However, some stylish posters delete their old photos from the web after a while (PG, I'm looking at you!), which is why I wasn't able to include them in my selection earlier in this thread.

Finally, to Matt - GREAT idea for a thread. Thank you. Loving browsing through everyone's choices; very inspiring.

8. yfyf

yfyf Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yachtie

A Harris x 2

Well posted. If you're going to talk about huskier posters, Edmorel, Marty and Ethandesu are all big wins too.

9. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

There are a lot of "big" guys that dress well. AHarris, yatchie aren't exactly 32 inch waisters [​IMG] There are also a lot of guys (large and small) that don't post pics that I know dress well.

3 things: swelled chest + pinched waist +flared skirt= 20 lbs thinner [​IMG]

Tailoring magic.

10. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Couple of favs from my hard drive (lol creepy).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread.

I did!

Yachtie:
    [​IMG]

12. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Well posted. If you're going to talk about huskier posters, Edmorel, Marty and Ethandesu are all big wins too.

[​IMG]

Damn, I was just mentioning to someone that I need to lose weight but I am only a 40R/34W [​IMG]

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I'm surprised to see that fit show up. I still can't figure out how to wear that jacket well. Do you think white jeans would be good?

Yeah, unless the whites clash in some way. I always wondered though, is it a slightly extended shoulder and how heavy is the (100% wool?) fabric?

14. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Yeah, unless the whites clash in some way. I always wondered though, is it a slightly extended shoulder and how heavy is the (100% wool?) fabric?

If that seersucker jacket is wool, it should be burned.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

That was my first suit from him. It took a few orders to get him to come my way on certain things.

That's you!!!? Great suit, I like the cotton fabric. Shouldn't this be your spezzatura special where you indulge in all the little quirks you're currently suppressing, say by no wearing a tie.