• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis x Styleforum x Context heavy military shirt: the launch

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just want to throw this out there:

i had a problem with one of these, and i contacted context support about exchanging or getting a refund. they were incredibly helpful. they went the extra mile for me, and now i'm shipping the shirt back for another. their customer services is incredible.

i definitely trust context after this ordeal. can't wait to get the shirt in!

Pickett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Does that mean #1 is an XS?

No, No. 1 is Ryan's and it was a Medium. I don't know how they numbered the rest.

I picked mine up day of release from the store, also a medium, #49.

As for the sizing up comments, I picked up a M and I am 6' 165 and mine also fits "perfectly". It depends on how you plan to wear it. I plan using mine more as a shirt and layering piece instead of as outerwear, but to each their own.

I am excited to beat the hell out of this thing and see how it ages.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posted in WAYWT. This is a size large.
IMG_3387.jpg
IMG_3395.jpg

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have heard a few complaints that the shirt is a tad "boxy" or somehow the fit is less-than. It is dark out, so I can't take a good photo at the moment, but here is a terrible shot in my bathroom which might give you some idea of how high the armholes are and how un-boxy it is. I will take a nicer outdoor photo today if I don't get trapped at work all day. It really is a quite nice shirt--hats off to Fok and Apolis.
3122583060_894652e315.jpg
edit: fixed so it's visible with normal human eyes.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I have heard a few complaints that the shirt is a tad "boxy" or somehow the fit is less-than. It is dark out, so I can't take a good photo at the moment, but here is a terrible shot in my bathroom which might give you some idea of how high the armholes are and how un-boxy it is. I will take a nicer outdoor photo today if I don't get trapped at work all day. It really is a quite nice shirt--hats off to Fok and Apolis.

3122583060_01de56e815_b.jpg

mulansauce nothing is showing up.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its just that dark. If you really squint and tilt your eyes, you will see him.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, what do you guys think about the pocket on this shirt? too big? should it be on the right side?

i don't mind it at all but ive gotten comments from my girlfriend and mother about the size of the pocket and it being on the "wrong" side. clearly there is some ignorance there because they're uneducated when it comes to this kind of thing, but i like the shirt and i guess thats all that matters.

what do you think about the pocket, though?

skunkworks

Reaction score
I like the pocket being on the other side, as a change of pace. Just tell them it's a left-handed shirt.

BTW 5'10" 155 lbs. with a 38" chest and a medium fits me perfectly. I am really, really happy with this shirt.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
it suprises me that the shirt has such high armholes if its purpose is to be a shirt-jacket type of thing. Must be difficult to layer.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have #26 and its a small

i would think the first 25 would be xsmall then next 25 would be small but i guess if number 1 is a medium the numbers must be random

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
it suprises me that the shirt has such high armholes if its purpose is to be a shirt-jacket type of thing. Must be difficult to layer.

The armholes aren't as high as some people are making it out to be. My BoO Hunting shirt jacket has much higher armholes.

I wore this out the other night, with a t shirt and a cotton/cashmere sweater in a medium weight underneath it. I was comfortable and had full range of motion. Could have easily been an OCBD and sweater and been the same way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads