• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis x Styleforum x Context heavy military shirt: the launch

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Looks nice. I might head up there next week to check it out in person, Non-Denominational Holiday Bonus in hand.

reprehensible

Reaction score
I felt compelled to take another picture where I didn't look quite so distorted.

CRW_1936-proc.jpg

Sleeve width: I suspect it just looks especially wide because the fabric is very stiff.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
I felt compelled to take another picture where I didn't look quite so distorted.

CRW_1936-proc.jpg

Sleeve width: I suspect it just looks especially wide because the fabric is very stiff.

this photo is a lot better than the other one the shirt looks good on you.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got mine in a medium, wow what a shirt! I'm so bummed though because the armpits are soo high and tight it is practically cutting off circuation. The rest of it fits great if really slim. Would the arms on the large be significantly different? Any possibility of stretching?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is on the truck and out for delivery as of 3 am this morning. Hopefully I get it soon so I can take a few pics. Super excited!

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah the one Warren G got me is out for delivery i should be getting it in a few hours. i know i'm going to try it on to make sure it fits, if all goes well i'll post some pics tonight hopefully.

this is for a skinny guy too, i'm 5'9 135lbs.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry Ricky..I stole your shirt. You will not be receiving the package.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Got mine in a medium, wow what a shirt! I'm so bummed though because the armpits are soo high and tight it is practically cutting off circuation. The rest of it fits great if really slim. Would the arms on the large be significantly different? Any possibility of stretching?

The shirt will stretch, But you might want to trade for a large if you want a better fit. It will not be as slim though...

Fok.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good, contemplating between small and medium, depending on arm widths tho. Is there a huge difference?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! I just got mine and its fantastic! Definitely, planning on wearing it as a shirt/light jacket unbuttoned. Limited edition #69 out of 80. Nice.

Just an FYI, I'm 6'1 and about 180-185 with long arms and it fits me perfect. I will try to post some fit pics tomorrow.

Well done guys! I'm definitely looking into picking up some more Apolis.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Fit-wise, after some wear I'm pretty glad I got an XL. I suspect the shirt looks (and feels) a little roomier than it is, due to the stiffness. An L would have been uncomfortably tight, especially in the chest and shoulders. And I almost always wear larges, occasionally mediums (in roomy brands).

So for those of you that didn't size up a little, trying to exchange or trade for a bigger size might be prudent. It doesn't seem like the kind of shirt you'd want a constrictingly tight fit with.

It's a pretty great shirt though. Does a better job of blocking the wind than the coat on over it does. Today I was noticing that the inside is quite soft to the touch, almost like felt.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Holy crap! I just got mine and its fantastic! Definitely, planning on wearing it as a shirt/light jacket unbuttoned. Limited edition #69 out of 80. Nice.

Just an FYI, I'm 6'1 and about 180-185 with long arms and it fits me perfect. I will try to post some fit pics tomorrow.

Well done guys! I'm definitely looking into picking up some more Apolis.

...and what size are you mysteriously referring to?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
...and what size are you mysteriously referring to?

Oops, I meant to say size Large.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads