• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Does This Thom Browne Jacket Look?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first, i think thom browne jackets dont look good unless paired with pants altered the same way (hemmed short and slim cut), if you were wearing the matching pants as a suit, then i think it would look better, also not sure of ur size but I am 6'1" about 180-185, athletic, and TB stuff just doesnt work for me.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_4588.jpg

I'm a bit biased because I have a Black Fleece blazer that I wear happily with cuffed jeans. I wish that I had a photo for comparison, but I do not have one handy.

I'm not sure this combo is quite successful for you, though...I wouldn't wear a necktie with denim. I guess I could see it on another person if the tie was super casual and (as embowafa pointed out earlier) skinny...the one you're wearing doesn't quite fit the bill.

Speaking of skinny, being skinny helps with this look...your jeans are a bit too generous for what I think works best. You might try it with a slimmer dark jean, also cuffed, if you have a pair.

- B

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why are you folks leading him on? The look does not work. I can't see this jacket working in most cases. Where would you even wear this!?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few of the comments here gave me my answer (I think). I'm 5' 9.5" and soaking wet 150lbs. My body fat is around 5-6%. So if this makes me look like I have a bit of a belly, it must be too small. The only belly I have is in my dreams...
You aren't 5-6% body fat. Stop kidding yourself.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Speaking of skinny, being skinny helps with this look...your jeans are a bit too generous for what I think works best. You might try it with a slimmer dark jean, also cuffed, if you have a pair.

I agree with the suggestion of skinny jeans.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket itself looks really nice. It just looks too small on you. Like other posters have said, there is just too much waist suppression, but the way you're standing, it is really unnatural, so it is tough to tell.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't hate the look, but I can't help but think that it would look better if the jacket was at least three inches longer. Which makes me think, what's the point?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
You aren't 5-6% body fat. Stop kidding yourself.

No? What do you think? Not all low % body fat guys are "skinny". I play ice hockey and soccer so I have massive legs (which would also answer why the jeans aren't slimmer). I also run 20-30 miles a week on top of the gym 3 times a week, on top of the soccer on Sundays and ice hockey on random weeknights. I see a nutritionist every month and last time I was in, my bf was 6.7%, my weight 157lbs. But you're right.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No? What do you think? Not all low % body fat guys are "skinny". I play ice hockey and soccer so I have massive legs (which would also answer why the jeans aren't slimmer). I also run 20-30 miles a week on top of the gym 3 times a week, on top of the soccer on Sundays and ice hockey on random weeknights. I see a nutritionist every month and last time I was in, my bf was 6.7%, my weight 157lbs. But you're right.

Running mileage doesn't give you big legs, nor does hockey, nor does soccer.

Post a picture with your shirt off if you really think you're 5-6%. I'm not trying to be an Internet jealous kid or anything, but I just want you to realize that you're dressing someone who isn't yourself.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person that thinks that "Andy" might well be a total tool?

Wait, did I say that out loud?!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Running mileage doesn't give you big legs, nor does hockey, nor does soccer.

Post a picture with your shirt off if you really think you're 5-6%. I'm not trying to be an Internet jealous kid or anything, but I just want you to realize that you're dressing someone who isn't yourself.

You're 100% right, but when you've done it for 15 years, supplemented by 10 years on and off of leg lifting in a gym that started while playing in college, it does. My waist is 32" (my natural waist). If you're curious though, there are some posts of my tattoos without a shirt on that may give you a better idea. All you need to do is search my posting history. I've only around 80 posts total, so its easy to find if you look.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're 100% right, but when you've done it for 15 years, supplemented by 10 years on and off of leg lifting in a gym that started while playing in college, it does. My waist is 32" (my natural waist). If you're curious though, there are some posts of my tattoos without a shirt on that may give you a better idea. All you need to do is search my posting history. I've only around 80 posts total, so its easy to find if you look.

I believe that you are in great shape, why hide it?

The TB jacket looks like a too small orphaned suit coat that is not very flattering to you.

If the coat were not a "Thom Browne", would you even consider wearing it?

If so, why not go to a Thrift Store and buy similar fitting ( and looking ) stuff for a fraction of the cost. And yes, I do realize that the TB and BF quality is excellent, but it looks like crap!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads