• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Does This Thom Browne Jacket Look?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys-

The reaction at AAAC (a far more conservative forum) was not overly positive. Was curious what you guys thought over here. Is it just too silly looking? I like it, but have very eccentric taste, and some of my items are over the top...is this one?

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

I'm aware one sleeve is a bit longer than the other...other than that...fire away please.

Rob

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wore it with a skinnier tie, then it might work.

To me, it's too short. I know that's the point of TB, but it makes you look like your jacket just came out of a dryer.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm trying to step outside the box, but I've never understood the Thom Browne appeal. The main problem to my eyes is that the height of the waist makes your mid-section and hips look a lot wider than they really are.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I dunno. I'm trying to step outside the box, but I've never understood the Thom Browne appeal. The main problem to my eyes is that the height of the waist makes your mid-section and hips look a lot wider than they really are.

Yes, I noticed the exact same thing.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
looks great

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
...paging socal...

EDIT: nevermind ^^ looks like socal just weighed in as i posted this

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket itself looks great.

The jacket on you doesn't look as well. i wouldn't touch thom browne unless i have bmi of less than 25

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The jacket seems shorter than most Thom Browne I've seen; yet, I like it. However, I'd reserve this for casual/social wear, not for a business meeting.

satorstyle

Reaction score
About 2" more length would make the look very nice. It actually fits well for such a tight jacket. I actually admire your look on AAAC. Your not afraid to take risk.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One size too small. It looks like you're about to pop that button off.

And Thom Browne really only works if you're very thin. Any kind of a belly throw off the whole look.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks silly*, like all Thom Browne. Sorry.

*Unless you hang out in very isolated, quirky homosexual social circles.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too short, left sleeve too long(?), too tight at your waist.

I do like the lapels and the lapel roll.

The fit could be improved with a more lively pocket square and perhaps unbuttoning your collars.

+1 to the narrower tie comment.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few of the comments here gave me my answer (I think). I'm 5' 9.5" and soaking wet 150lbs. My body fat is around 5-6%. So if this makes me look like I have a bit of a belly, it must be too small. The only belly I have is in my dreams...

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
A few of the comments here gave me my answer (I think). I'm 5' 9.5" and soaking wet 150lbs. My body fat is around 5-6%. So if this makes me look like I have a bit of a belly, it must be too small. The only belly I have is in my dreams...

probably too muscular to wear thom browne.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads