• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Does This Thom Browne Jacket Look?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
here are 2 pics i had my wife take tonight...for the record...

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

I see what you guys are saying about the jacket though. I don't mind the length, but its not the most comfortable thing to wear...you think I'll have any luck on the BS Forum with it? $450?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I see what you guys are saying about the jacket though. I don't mind the length, but its not the most comfortable thing to wear...you think I'll have any luck on the BS Forum with it? $450?

If the fit is good, then the jacket should be comfortable.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it looks like the buttons are on the wrong side of the jacket.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm a bit biased because I have a Black Fleece blazer that I wear happily with cuffed jeans. I wish that I had a photo for comparison, but I do not have one handy.

I'm not sure this combo is quite successful for you, though...I wouldn't wear a necktie with denim. I guess I could see it on another person if the tie was super casual and (as embowafa pointed out earlier) skinny...the one you're wearing doesn't quite fit the bill.

Speaking of skinny, being skinny helps with this look...your jeans are a bit too generous for what I think works best. You might try it with a slimmer dark jean, also cuffed, if you have a pair.

- B

The jacket is fine, it's Thom Browne not Oxxford. It is not tight around the waist, there is no pulling at all, that is how TB cuts his jackets. Also it is quilted, which adds to the effect of it being to small for him. As the good doctor Vox mentioned, I would not wear those jeans if you are going to wear that jacket and tie. Pants need to compliment the jacket, meaning they should be shorter than normal and slim. I'd wear very slim khaki's with it, hemmed about 1/2 inch above my shoes. I see TB clothes in the streets and it does not look that bad, but you can't be self conscious about it. I saw one guy in full TB regalia, suit/pants/tie and shoes. Sockless, tie askew and the wingtips were not even laced. I think he rocked even though I would never wear it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
here are 2 pics i had my wife take tonight...for the record...

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

Jesus ******* Christ. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Thanks a lot.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here are 2 pics i had my wife take tonight...for the record... [Pics] I see what you guys are saying about the jacket though. I don't mind the length, but its not the most comfortable thing to wear...you think I'll have any luck on the BS Forum with it? $450?
You could cross-post these to Body Consciousness. You're definitely above 5-6%, though. I'd say 9% or so but you could get a water immersion test for like $20 if you're really curious. And stop sucking in your stomach.
smile.gif

southgate house

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Why are you folks leading him on? The look does not work. I can't see this jacket working in most cases. Where would you even wear this!?

I agree. You are too muscular for this look. That is a good thing.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Jesus ******* Christ. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Thanks a lot.
lol 1+ He looks like 10-12% in that photo, mildly athletic.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys-

The reaction at AAAC (a far more conservative forum) was not overly positive. Was curious what you guys thought over here. Is it just too silly looking? I like it, but have very eccentric taste, and some of my items are over the top...is this one?

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

I'm aware one sleeve is a bit longer than the other...other than that...fire away please.

Rob

You might need a long size.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
You could cross-post these to Body Consciousness. You're definitely above 5-6%, though. I'd say 9% or so but you could get a water immersion test for like $20 if you're really curious.

And stop sucking in your stomach.
smile.gif

9%? I'd say 12% to 15%, which is great for a normal guy and healthy.

I would also guess a DEXA would show a predisposition to subcutaneuous rather than visceral fat.

And don't tell him to stop sucking in his stomach...a guy with tats should always be expecting a gut punch.

- B

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would look much better without facial hair; it doesn't suit you.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
The jacket is ridiculous looking. If you are in as good shape as you sound, the last thing you want is idiotic clothes. Wear something simple.

Idiotic clothes can only be pulled off by people in good shape. And there is a fine line between idiocy and genius.

- B

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would look good without tie and slimmer jeans.

Come on, 5-6%?
confused.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Can all you ladies stop that marsupialed body fat discussion, I feel like I'm on purse forum.

Shall we move on to tats and body hair?

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads