• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

chiral

Reaction score
I've posted these before, but here are some shots of my rough and tumble LL Bean Engineers Boots. Quite a change from brand new...
_MG_0376.jpg

_MG_0378.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

I've worn these through most conditions on 4 continents and they've yet to let me down. I love them. (and sno-seal!)

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is starting to look great.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I've worn the following with "streetwear fits" or rather non-suiting fits.

ndc black rico(maybe nico) laceups
ndc brown suede laceups
israeli paratrooper canvas boots
opening ceremony grey suede laceups
costume national homme reverse leather bulbous toe laceups

what do those paratrooper boots look like?

adelphi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiral
I've posted these before, but here are some shots of my rough and tumble LL Bean Engineers Boots. Quite a change from brand new...
_MG_0376.jpg

_MG_0378.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

I've worn these through most conditions on 4 continents and they've yet to let me down. I love them. (and sno-seal!)

WINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWIN

bbnoad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
^ you can get RW Iron Rangers from www.cultizm.com cheaper than from J. Crew, and they come in more colors. I suspect they'd be of better quality than the LL Bean boots, but the LL Beans should still be a good pair of shitkickers.

Anyone know what the sizing is like on the LL Beans?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chiral...

Have those been resoled? The sole looks into be in new condition compared to the upper.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Chiral... Have those been resoled? The sole looks into be in new condition compared to the upper.
Yeah, I had Chippewa resole them earlier this year. I wear these continuously during different periods of time, and they got torn up by rocks at one point.

chiral

Reaction score
I'm really pleased with how theyre aging, really. The patina is pretty awesome in person.

confab

Reaction score
Here's another pair of the L. L. Bean Katahdin engineer boots. Mine have seen about 8 months of semi-regular wear and have had one treatment of Obenauf's oil.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How have I never seen these boots before? Seriously. They are awesome.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
How have I never seen these boots before? Seriously. They are awesome.

Im going to try to post a few fits with them over the next month, as it gets colder and wetter. They really are awesome, great price too.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics of the Katahdin from LL Bean. My brother just go some of those today and showed me his pics too. After all of those I just couldn't resist, those are some nice looking boots and the quality looks amazing. The fact that you can a US made, Goodyear welted boot with a Vibram sole for $150 is pretty incredible. I placed my order today so I hope they fit when they arrive. Should be great for this winter.

thereverend

Reaction score
Incredibly good thread... I have Frye Harness boots that I wear quite a lot but no camera. Man I want to get those Indy boots! They seem like they would last me forever and that is what I am shooting for. This thread also inspired me to order the new Clark's Desert Boots in antiqued leather:
7768-674943-p.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads