• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial temptations never taken

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
But I can't be. He has asserted many times that he never posts about me at all, that all the references I identify as being about me are not, it's just my paranoia.
confused.gif

Of course, as Dr. Kissinger remarked, "Even a paranoid has some real enemies."

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
But I can't be. He has asserted many times that he never posts about me at all, that all the references I identify as being about me are not, it's just my paranoia.
confused.gif

Oh right, sorry. People who expound on the rules are fascists even if they pretend they're merely presenting historical realities that are in no way prescriptive. This statement is not related to the one that shall remain nameless because I said so and my word is Law.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medwards
Of course, as Dr. Kissinger remarked, "Even a paranoid has some real enemies."

Didn't he also say, "Paranoia is the greatest aphrodisiac"?

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
In this thread FNB "put Manton in his place"...apparently...
confused.gif

Thank you very little for taking me back to this . . .

cnsu3.jpg

You know, the place where snarky people play.

- M

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Didn't he also say, "Paranoia is the greatest aphrodisiac"?

Not quite. For Dr. K, "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. " And in his case, it worked.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carl, you got an ugly detail on your suit. Everyone here who expressed an opinion agreed with that.

Then you spun up a bunch of preposterous rationalizations about why it was the "better" "correct" and "high class" way to make a sleeve cuff and got ridiculed for it. Then you tried to assert that yours and Will's are identical, and that Will's and Flusser's are totally unlike. That was shown to be patently false.

The only one here who does not realize exactly how this thread played out, and exactly your role in it, is you.

FNB, fugly turnback cuffs aside, I think you fail miserably in your attempt to substantiate your arguments. In your defense, you might not be the only one who does not realize how this thread played out.

In accepting that I am not and will not be in the know, I have convinced myself that both Manton and FNB, along with other senior members are all part of some super secret organization and that their discussion of Greeks, ugly cuffs and railway stalking is codespeek for proper placement of satellites and troop movements.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
FNB, fugly turnback cuffs aside, I think you fail miserably in your attempt to substantiate your arguments. In your defense, you might not be the only one who does not realize how this thread played out.

OK, I'll bite. Fail how?

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne

In accepting that I am not and will not be in the know, I have convinced myself that both Manton and FNB, along with other senior members are all part of some super secret organization and that their discussion of Greeks, ugly cuffs and railway stalking is codespeek for proper placement of satellites and troop movements.

The Lavender Hill Mob, if you get my drift.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
EDIT: This thread is amusing. Apparently Styleforum is a frat house full of wealthy meatheads at a community college where no women visit, and FNB's site is an exclusive genitalmen's club with an edge inside the Playboy Mansion. Fritzl, I thought you liked us.
frown.gif

Damn, it's worse than crack and meth together! Please, no more referrals unless there are actual sartorial pics.

Fixed.

- C

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads