• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Denim

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It reminds me of an M65 Jacket, except it's made out of denim.

aerether

Reaction score
Looking at Grifters and Cougars have made my raw denim decisions much much harder.
frown.gif

Question: Would you say that the Grifter fits similar to the APC NS but with lower rise? Or is that Cougar territory?

kit99bar

Reaction score
My stretched out 29 APC NS and the 33 Grifter are almost the same in measurements. Grifter has a bit more seat and thigh room.

Originally Posted by aerether
Looking at Grifters and Cougars have made my raw denim decisions much much harder.
frown.gif

Question: Would you say that the Grifter fits similar to the APC NS but with lower rise? Or is that Cougar territory?

jbm7777

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of the older cougars #002s from Ande that he had left over. Great fit, made like a rock. Great pair of Denim. Really dark and a decent amount of bleeding, I'm sure they are going to fade really well. I'll post pictures in the future.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I regret not picking up a pair during the v2 or even v3 days.... now it's more expensive, no customizations, and ugly back pocket stitching...

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, those look really neat. They might end up being my next pair. Just out of interest, how much did they cost before, and can you still send in your own fabric for the pockets/choose between the 3 thread colors listed on the site, etc.?

And I'm assuming that if I wear sz. 30 New Cures (which are just a *bit* loose), then sz. 32 Rakers would work well?

PolePosition

Reaction score
Old price was $160 shipped

And no, there are no more customizations available on current production jeans.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
Old price was $160 shipped

And no, there are no more customizations available on current production jeans.

Oh man, that sucks. I get the customizations thing, but I feel like $195 is a weird pricepoint. It's more expensive than APC's, making these less attractive as "entry-level" dry jeans. And after APC's it seems like a lot of people want to jump straight to seriously good Japanese denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads