• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What universities / colleges you attend or attended

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbusguy
also at osu if u see anyone wearing raw denim, its probably me i think ive seen one person wearing nudies in two years
You'll see me around in my Helmut Lang denim. Not raw though.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conne you're OSU? I always thought you were something more along the lines of Yale, P-ton, etc. Learn something new every day...

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Conne you're OSU? I always thought you were something more along the lines of Yale, P-ton, etc. Learn something new every day...
Well, I almost did the "insular yuppie college" thing. Got into Hamilton, toured the school, and I just did not click. I mean, I liked the way everyone dressed but it was in the middle of nowhere and most everyone was a lesbian or closet gay. I very much like the large state school environment, mostly because the resources and opportunities are essentially endless. OSU also has a great history department, which is part of the reason I wanted to go.

peterchau

Reaction score
grant mac ewan collage.

maybe one day I'll attend a university...

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Well, I almost did the "insular yuppie college" thing. Got into Hamilton, toured the school, and I just did not click. I mean, I liked the way everyone dressed but it was in the middle of nowhere and most everyone was a lesbian or closet gay.

I very much like the large state school environment, mostly because the resources and opportunities are essentially endless. OSU also has a great history department, which is part of the reason I wanted to go.

Selling your student football tix to fund Attolini pink cashmere tie purchases?

SenorMatador

Reaction score
^^
Boo down with USC as well. (nothing like a good rivalry)
Scored tickets for the OSU/USC game
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Anyone else going?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BS in Sociology, Towson University (state school just north of Baltimore)
Currently working on my MA in Sociology from SUNY Stony Brook

First became interested in clothes in High School, when I became fascinated with the punk/skinhead/rudeboy subcultures. Experienced a sartorial coma during undergrad, but became interested in style again when I knew job interviews were around the corner.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xavier University-BS in Accounting/Finance

First became interested in clothes when I started working at a formalwear shop in town.

JohnRov

Reaction score
BA- Communications- University of Dayton
BS- Computer Science- University of Pittsburgh
Currently working on my MBA at CMU-Tepper

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SenorMatador
^^ Boo down with USC as well. (nothing like a good rivalry) Scored tickets for the OSU/USC game
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Anyone else going?

Ugh, I wish. I'll be watching!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike C.
LA Guy; we find ourselves on the same page again. All the kids I know in UNDERGRAD business schools have very little liberal arts education and are not encouraged from thier deans to take courses outside of business. They are duped into thinking that the cirriculum is "well-rounded" by admissions people. B-schools should just be marketed for what they're worth; a trade school. I always say that if the best thing you got out of college is a good job, then you missed the bigger picture. College is about exploring the world and taking in culture while finding yourself in the process. I'm quick to dismiss someone who says, "I don't need college, or college is a waste of money."
I strongly agree with this post Mike C. This is the main reason I chose Xavier; we have a very strong core cirriculum. I am a business student but I am required to take near 80 credit hours of liberal arts. Learning how to write and think critically are the most important things that my education has given me. Not how to assemble a balance sheet or determine the cash flows from peripheral operations. Richard

nicad2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
I strongly agree with this post Mike C. This is the main reason I chose Xavier; we have a very strong core cirriculum. I am a business student but I am required to take near 80 credit hours of liberal arts. Learning how to right and think critically are the most important things that my education has given me. Not how to assemble a balance sheet or determine the cash flows from peripheral operations.

Richard

Love the irony... Just busting your chops my friend
smile.gif

heard546

Reaction score
I graduated from graduate business school from the Ohio State University and undergrad at Prairie View A&M. I became interested in cloths during my junior of high school when I got my first job. Since then, I've always tried to dress nice. I only became a brand person within the past year when I lost my job and had to find a way to make ends meet and pay for daycare. I sold my first name brand tie, Charvet, on ebay. I started buying and selling name brand clothing and accessories until i found my current job. Since I have a full time job, I've scaled back on buying and selling on ebay but continue to search for the best brands on sell.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heard546
I graduated from graduate business school from the Ohio State University and undergrad at Prairie View A&M. I became interested in cloths during my junior of high school when I got my first job. Since then, I've always tried to dress nice. I only became a brand person within the past year when I lost my job and had to find a way to make ends meet and pay for daycare. I sold my first name brand tie, Charvet, on ebay. I started buying and selling name brand clothing and accessories until i found my current job. Since I have a full time job, I've scaled back on buying and selling on ebay but continue to search for the best brands on sell.
I think half of the people on this board went to OSU.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads