• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Butlers

madison avenue

Reaction score
One word if you get a butler he has to be like Jeffrey from The Fresh Price of Bel air. If you watch some episodes when he was not it butler attire he wore some nice sports coats!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had an intersting conversation on Sunday - one of my son's school friends mothers is a "household manager" for a family that has 21 live in servants. I guess that is the modern equivelent of a butler.

it was intersting, she was working on a book that they have made to give to each of the servants that explains who they do everything in the house - how the beds are made, how the tables are set, a list of the 100 most common house guests and what their preferences are, how often each room is cleaned at when, etc. very interesting. she said that they have a real problem getting people who are really "servants" - that for most of the people they need to train them to know how to act. I honestly didn't think that there were many households like this in america anymore.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I had an intersting conversation on Sunday - one of my son's school friends mothers is a "household manager" for a family that has 21 live in servants. I guess that is the modern equivelent of a butler.

it was intersting, she was working on a book that they have made to give to each of the servants that explains who they do everything in the house - how the beds are made, how the tables are set, a list of the 100 most common house guests and what their preferences are, how often each room is cleaned at when, etc. very interesting. she said that they have a real problem getting people who are really "servants" - that for most of the people they need to train them to know how to act. I honestly didn't think that there were many households like this in america anymore.

I'm sure there are less than before, but the high-upper class can still easily afford such luxuries. I wonder how many servants Hearst had at San Simeon or the Vanderbilt's at the Biltmore Estate.

Jon.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I have seventeen 19-year-old Egyptian virgins that take care of my every need.

JB

Augusto is 19?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_butler
Butlers are alive and well and growing in numbers as the "New Money" find them a must have. There are about 70,000 people calling themselves Butler at the moment though good ones are hard to find as there is no set in stone course that you must take. Imagine a chauffeur that has never taken a driving test!! http://www.a-butler-for-all-occasions.co.uk/
best first post spam ever. Welcome to the forum!

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Jesus.... how rich are you two?

When I was a kid I had to do the dishes myself.... and one summer, I broke the dishwasher, and as a lesson I had to do the dishes every night by hand! Woe is me.

We never had a dishwasher. I also washed our kitchen floor by hand.
frown.gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
The CEsspool makes sooooooooo much more sense now.

Just a heads-up, friend - I'm 22, not Egyptian, and certainly not a virgin.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Just a heads-up, friend - I'm 22, not Egyptian, and certainly not a virgin.

Fencing camp doesn't count.

"This one time, at sabre camp..."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads