• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Won't be to everyone's taste, but I just picked up this pair of Ballys on deep discount as a nice knockabout pair to wear with "the new male cleavage"...

Holdfast, I've recently developed a fondness for a bit more color in shoes beyond shades of black and brown. These look great! I'm sure I would have purchased them if I had come across them in a store.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Holdfast, I've recently developed a fondness for a bit more color in shoes beyond shades of black and brown. These look great! I'm sure I would have purchased them if I had come across them in a store.

Thanks. Actually I'm a bit surprised not to have got roasted for buying these (yet). Not only are they Ballys (which get a bit of a - probably fair - knocking on here), they're "Mandarin" (though I'd call them Mustard), and I'm wearing them without socks. SF is a tolerant place.
smile.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still look for Ballys occasionally in my size on the bay. I don't own any right now but they are for whatever reason very comfortable for me, I would buy them in a classic style.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks. Actually I'm a bit surprised not to have got roasted for buying these (yet). Not only are they Ballys (which get a bit of a - probably fair - knocking on here), they're "Mandarin" (though I'd call them Mustard), and I'm wearing them without socks. SF is a tolerant place.
smile.gif

Cuz you got the cred, Hold...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Cuz you got the cred, Hold...

laugh.gif
One day, maybe...

Originally Posted by von Rothbart
John Lobb Ashley 4596 last dark brown Museum calf with hand-sewn apron split-toe:

These are AMAZING. I totally adore them, and I am normally distinctly luke-warm towards penny loafers.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone date these N&L shoes?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Can anyone date these N&L shoes?

Date them? I hardly even know them!

Seriously, wd need more information (not for me; I'm married. But even superman couldn't date them on the basis of that one pic).

ziggyosk

Reaction score
I have some pics of my new shoes I want to post hoever, I can't seem to post pictures on the website. I went to imageshack, uploaded my picture, got the URL, went into the thread here and clicked the insert image button, and the only thing it does is put my URL in my post. I don't want to post the URL of my pic, I want the pic to show up in the thread. any ideas?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Put

around the URL.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Cool, got it!

Now for my first addition to this wonderful thread. I have drooled over this thread for the last 9 months and finally I can add to it
smile.gif

Nothing too special, but they are my first "nice pair" of shoes, AE Weybridge in Chilli:

dsc02706ks5.jpg

opening the box
dsc02707sc1.jpg

dsc02708va0.jpg

dsc02709km8.jpg

closeup
dsc02710zx1.jpg

dsc02711mq4.jpg

with new Brooks Bros Bull Shoe Horn
dsc02712kl9.jpg

this is the first of many posts to come in here. Hopefully one day I will rival Aportnoy
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Harrydog

Reaction score
200808010043up7.jpg

200808010044ew9.jpg

200808010045ri2.jpg

200808010046ju2.jpg

200808010047og1.jpg

200808010048jv0.jpg

200808010049ez9.jpg

The Rothschild in the sharp round last.

This is only my third pair of black shoes in a rotation of about thirty pair; I thought it would be nice to invest in a few nice black shoes, even if I much prefer all the different varieties of browns and burgundies.

I am wearing them now; have to say the fit is not great out of the box...the heel cup does not seem to be rounded well so as to cup my heel, but I am counting on them breaking in with some wear. Perhaps this is a function of their being no seam at the back of the heel, but rather a counter that wraps around and encases the heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads