• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

ArtM

Reaction score
Quick 2.4 mile jog in 20 minutes. Finally starting to run again after having my knee scoped a little while ago.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran 5-6 miles today.

Prior to 2 weeks ago I couldn't even run one mile straight. Two weeks ago I started running consistently at least every other day and now I can run 6 miles straight. It isn't a big deal for some of the veterans, but for someone who just started, it feels great. I basically could only run a mile the first day so I started adding an extra mile everytime I ran. Now I'm trying to get in shape for a race. Probably this http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=72068

bowlhead99

Reaction score
If you've gone from 1 mile to 6 miles in 2 weeks you will probably be doing ultramarathons by the end of August, so that one might be a bit easy for you...

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zero -- thunderstorms and high hamstring pain from football last night.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowlhead99
If you've gone from 1 mile to 6 miles in 2 weeks you will probably be doing ultramarathons by the end of August, so that one might be a bit easy for you...

Yah right? A mile each run is not as easy as it sounds for non-runners (which is exactly what I am). Going from 4 to 5 kills me that extra almost nine minutes. Feels like an extra 30 minutes. I want to run 10 miles Sat., we'll see how that goes. Might have to settle for 6 since I want to function the rest of the weekend.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowlhead99

Originally Posted by teddieriley
Yah right? A mile each run is not as easy as it sounds for non-runners (which is exactly what I am). Going from 4 to 5 kills me that extra almost nine minutes. Feels like an extra 30 minutes. I want to run 10 miles Sat., we'll see how that goes. Might have to settle for 6 since I want to function the rest of the weekend.

It probably has to do with me been in my 20's and not been out of shape. What prevented me from running in the past was my inability to breath. Once I ran a little and my lungs stopped choking me, it was not that bad.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley

Don't push too much too soon. Ideally you should add miles in 2 week intervals. Also, instead of looking at a daily tally, you'll want to increase your weekly miles.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After far too long of a break from sustained cardio I got back to it today. Although my choice to start with a pretty tough run in 93 degree heat may have been dumb, I had fun. Hopefully I can get a groove.

5.5 mile trail run, if your not going up your goin down, just under 45 mins.

Mpalmer22

Reaction score
I'm hiking 2.2 miles up a 785 foot elevation gain to do some rock climbing, then I'm going to hike down, camp and do it again tomorrow.
attire.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have to start biking as i hurt my foot, and its going to be a few months before it is better
ugh nothing but hills around me, should be interesting...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads