How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

45 minutes "running" on treadmill: 5.1 miles

2. ArtM

ArtM New Member

Quick 2.4 mile jog in 20 minutes. Finally starting to run again after having my knee scoped a little while ago.

3. LesterSnodgrass

LesterSnodgrass Senior member

8 miles on the treadmill, 1 hour -- the usual.

4. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

5. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

I ran 5-6 miles today.

Prior to 2 weeks ago I couldn't even run one mile straight. Two weeks ago I started running consistently at least every other day and now I can run 6 miles straight. It isn't a big deal for some of the veterans, but for someone who just started, it feels great. I basically could only run a mile the first day so I started adding an extra mile everytime I ran. Now I'm trying to get in shape for a race. Probably this http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=72068

6. bowlhead99

bowlhead99 Active Member

If you've gone from 1 mile to 6 miles in 2 weeks you will probably be doing ultramarathons by the end of August, so that one might be a bit easy for you...

7. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Zero -- thunderstorms and high hamstring pain from football last night.

8. knugget

knugget Senior member

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

18 miles in 2 hours and 7 min.

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

If you've gone from 1 mile to 6 miles in 2 weeks you will probably be doing ultramarathons by the end of August, so that one might be a bit easy for you...

Yah right? A mile each run is not as easy as it sounds for non-runners (which is exactly what I am). Going from 4 to 5 kills me that extra almost nine minutes. Feels like an extra 30 minutes. I want to run 10 miles Sat., we'll see how that goes. Might have to settle for 6 since I want to function the rest of the weekend.

11. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Yah right? A mile each run is not as easy as it sounds for non-runners (which is exactly what I am). Going from 4 to 5 kills me that extra almost nine minutes. Feels like an extra 30 minutes. I want to run 10 miles Sat., we'll see how that goes. Might have to settle for 6 since I want to function the rest of the weekend.

It probably has to do with me been in my 20's and not been out of shape. What prevented me from running in the past was my inability to breath. Once I ran a little and my lungs stopped choking me, it was not that bad.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Don't push too much too soon. Ideally you should add miles in 2 week intervals. Also, instead of looking at a daily tally, you'll want to increase your weekly miles.

13. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

After far too long of a break from sustained cardio I got back to it today. Although my choice to start with a pretty tough run in 93 degree heat may have been dumb, I had fun. Hopefully I can get a groove.

5.5 mile trail run, if your not going up your goin down, just under 45 mins.

14. Mpalmer22

Mpalmer22 Active Member

I'm hiking 2.2 miles up a 785 foot elevation gain to do some rock climbing, then I'm going to hike down, camp and do it again tomorrow.[​IMG]

15. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i have to start biking as i hurt my foot, and its going to be a few months before it is better
    ugh nothing but hills around me, should be interesting...