1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. aniym

aniym Member

3.6 miles in 35 mins. First run in a week. Will try to hit 4 mi regularly while doing weights on my off-days so as to increase my fat-burning capacity.

2. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

I try to walk every day. On a normal day, I'll get 4 to 5 miles in; on weekends, sometimes I can get in 10 (not all at once, though.)

3. triathlete

triathlete Senior member

20 and change. Last long run before a triathlon in Fla, so I 'overdressed' to get some further heat acclimitization in this northern climate. it hurt.

4. MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh Senior member

I accidentally overdressed tonight haha i put on some underarmor coldgear and by the time i was done with my warm up i was sweating bullets and thought to myself its too warm for this thing [​IMG]
    i ended up just finishing the run, usual 3 miles, been starting up my jogging again, every other day when im not at the gym
    been a while since i posted in my thread haha feels good to be back [​IMG]

5. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

6. SUPER K

SUPER K Senior member

20 and change. Last long run before a triathlon in Fla, so I 'overdressed' to get some further heat acclimitization in this northern climate. it hurt.

headed to Panama City?

7. triathlete

triathlete Senior member

headed to Panama City?

Clermont ... the 'other' Florida Ironman. Though I did IM Florida in PC a few years ago, and I was wearing arm warmers on the bike to keep warm!

8. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Last night 8 shots of rye + too much red wine + cigar + indiscriminate gluttony = slow and painful 5k today [​IMG]

9. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

went for a short, fast run around downtown on Friday night. On my way back, I saw this antique furniture warehouse so I had to stop by. I walked in, chatted with the owner for a bit, apologized for looking like shit (he was fine with it), proceeded to check out a lot of really nice antique furniture, bid my goodbye and started my run again.

10. quevola

quevola Senior member

4 miles - training for my first marathon in May 09!

11. dhinggok

dhinggok Senior member

9 miles...just over 1 hr

12. metroman

metroman Well-Known Member

I was able to run until I hit 16 years old.

Durring VOAG(vocational agriculture) training. A 800 pound bull landed on my hip so now I just swim to stay in shape.

But that the time when I was 16 I broke wind and never lost breath or felt tired either at jogging or full run spead.... until the accident.

13. quevola

quevola Senior member

11 miles in 1 hour 25 minutes. Ouch!!

14. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

I signed up for a half marathon coming up in 3-4 months....I haven't run since i was 14. What have I gotten myself into. Planning to run just based on an hour of time tomorrow to see how far I can cover without pushing myself too far and take it from there. [​IMG]

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

ive been briskly walking 4 miles every night. right now my outer knee joints again are a little tender for some reason so i cannot even run but that is ok i just want to weather the storm and just lose a little weight and keep it under control.

16. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

ok - first morning. ~2 km, in 20 minutes [​IMG]

17. quevola

quevola Senior member

^^Good start - keep up the good work!!

4 miles in ~32 minutes

18. Kai

Kai Senior member

I do 3500 feet on my stairstepper every other day. Takes me about an hour.

I can't run. Hurts my joints and back.

19. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i absolutely love the benefits of the stairmaster,

but just loathe doing it.

that thing is like a pyschologically droning, incessantly suffering hell machine

20. adamsnez

adamsnez Senior member

with the weather getting colder, i've been getting lazy and fat and i'm down from my fun 16k's to 7k... wth [​IMG] so sad... i also need new running shoes.
    got a gov't cheque for $92 recently so i'll funnel that money to shoes [​IMG]