• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Spring Sale

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I'm annoyed because when the online sale started was a unclear. I slept at 2am for some reason, but failed to check polo.com. I did a little after midnight and it wasn't working then. I wake up 6am pacific thinking online started at 9am EST. Guess it started earlier than that.

I guess the whole thing could have been avoided if I just did the pre-sale, but I only decided on black grants yesterday.

Yeah, I guess I can thank my three-year-old for coming into our room in the middle of the night and waking me up. When I put her back in bed I checked online. It was about 3:45 EST and the discount was active on the RL website on my home computer. I went upstairs to grab my wallet and just grabbed my work laptop since it was right there, and the RL discount was not active!? It became active on the laptop at 4:00 AM, so I completed my order and went back to bed. I'm guessing that snafu had something to do with the computer clocks.

On a side note, I assumed that EVERYTHING was going to be on sale. It's odd to me that there are just specific items even within the same group. Look at the cufflinks - only about 1/2 of them are on sale. Odd.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called the store to ask about a blazer and got told it wasn't on sale. Online it's on sale. Nice goofy sales associates
frown.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Grant in black is being offered at $455 now.

couple questions about it:
1) How does the Grant compare to the Ferragamo Filosofo?
2) Are monks considered less formal for suits than lace ups are?

1) I've decided to pass on black Grants because I own a pair of black Filosofos, but YMMV. I also own the Grants in dark oak. Compared to the Grant, the Filosofo has no medallion and the toe is more square than the Grants. I seem to get many compliments on my Filosofos, but I haven't worn the Grants much, so far.
2) Monkstraps are indeed less formal for suits than laceups with closed lacing (balmorals). Wearing monkstraps with suits is breaking the rules, but I do it, since I doubt anyone here would really care. I wouldn't wear monks with a suit to work if I worked in a conservative office.

I'm disappointed the Edens are gone from the website, since I want a pair in any color but black. I especially want a suede pair. Oh well, I need to reign in my spending anyway (hence I made no calls to SAs this past week).

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I called the store to ask about a blazer and got told it wasn't on sale. Online it's on sale. Nice goofy sales associates
frown.gif

Point out to him that it's on sale online and ask if he'll honor the online sale price. This has worked for me in the past, even though my size wasn't available on the web (I don't think the SA knew this and I certainly didn't tell him).

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
I'm disappointed the Edens are gone from the website, since I want a pair in any color but black. .

I found Edens to be a bit dull when I tired it on @ the Mansion, the toe was more rounded than I would have liked. If you didn't tell me it was EG, I wouldn't have thought it was fancy shoes that you spend 500 bucks on.

mmhollis

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this sale is on at Rugby as well? If so is it possible to use the extra 20% off today as well?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK how do the darlton cordovan wingtips fit? And are they sleek or bulky shoes? In the picture they look somewhat clumsy.

And can i return an item to the mansion if i buy it online?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK how do the darlton cordovan wingtips fit? And are they sleek or bulky shoes? In the picture they look somewhat clumsy.

And can i return an item to the mansion if i buy it online?

They're bulky. But beautiful. and yes, you can return them to a store.

jsherman02

Reaction score
I picked up a few Purple Label shirts for golf...thanks for the extra 20% off, they only charged me an arm, versus an arm and a leg.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
They're bulky. But beautiful. and yes, you can return them to a store.
Thanks grim. I never see cordovan in a sleek shoe but maybe I'll stop by the mansion tonight and see them in person.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK how do the darlton cordovan wingtips fit? And are they sleek or bulky shoes? In the picture they look somewhat clumsy. And can i return an item to the mansion if i buy it online?
The fit is a little roomy in the toe box, but not so much that I would advise going down a size. They have double soles and a storm welt, so they're definitely bulky shoes. And this is why I love them. I wear them often, with jeans, cords, etc. I'll even break them out occasionally during the summer. Edit: They are the C&J Pembroke, on the 325 last, in shell cordovan. You can find additional pictures of the Pembroke on www.plal.com.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
The fit is a little roomy in the toe box, but not so much that I would advise going down a size. They have double soles and a storm welt, so they're definitely bulky shoes. And this is why I love them. I wear them often, with jeans, cords, etc. I'll even break them out occasionally during the summer. Edit: They are the C&J Pemberton, on the 325 last, in shell cordovan. You can find additional pictures of the Pemberton on www.plal.com.
I'm assuming you're all against wearing them with suits then. I need protection from the rain.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdulrehman6428