• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects SS 08 (Hat0rs Unwelcome)

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dnarnya
I must admit, I haven't fallen in love with anything outside of CP's athletic styles. Maybe someone has some pics of the dress shoes/boots/etc. being worn?
I tried on the suede boots the other day and they're really awesome IRL. Much sleeker than the pics suggest and the leather is probably some of the most supple, lightweight stuff I've ever seen used in footwear. I almost feared the leather would snap when I squeezed my feet into them, although they're probably durable enough to hold up well. My only beef with them is that they seem to dirty very quickly, especially the white/light grey ones. Definitely shoes for dry spring/summer days. Also, the sizing seemed consistent with my previous CP's.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so many people are like $300 for sneakers?

but i have 3 pairs and they are all some of the best looking/most comfortable shoes ever.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ry'on
word, these shoes are forreal, they moulded to my feet, and now I cant take them off, and i dont have to, cause they go with everything i wear. i want another pair of lows.

www.hyrcollective.com

No offense, but I'm guessing you just arrived via Sufu. Please take note that this board does not approve of poor grammar, yo.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news, but Revolve just got some of the new styles in (dress shoes):

http://www.revolveclothing.com/brand...jects.jsp?&d=b

Prices are laughable. The leather on these is not that great in person and the soles will wear out in a couple of weeks........

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Not sure if this is old news, but Revolve just got some of the new styles in (dress shoes):

Prices are laughable. The leather on these is not that great in person and the soles will wear out in a couple of weeks........

disagree. leather on mine is pretty buttery and the sole has held up better than my diors for 2/3 the price.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
disagree. leather on mine is pretty buttery and the sole has held up better than my diors for 2/3 the price.

'Buttery' doesn't justify them being $400. On a side note, Dior isn't exactly a model candidate for a quality dress shoes either. People can spend money on whatever the hell they want, all I am saying is that I find it difficult to understand the price inflation over their older models, which had some pretty damn nice features (thick metallic leathers, etc) and were over $100 less. Hell, they are even charging the same price for canvas sneakers now as they are for leather. Absurd.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
Not to mention heel/toe taps will fix that problem for like $4.

Nope. Heel/toe taps protect wear on the heels and toes, obviously. Thus, they wouldn't offer much aid when the 1 mm thick sole starts to bend into waves on the sides and wear down to nothing. As I stated in a thread on SUFU, these are virtually the same shoes in terms of construction, etc as those by B.Store and Opening Ceremony (same maker). I bought a pair of them at OC's last sale and got about 2 months of frequent wear out of them before the sole needed replacing. Not worth the cost.

They are essentially modeled on generic, thin-soled dancing shoes. They simply aren't made to be worn every day. Save your money:

http://www.rosycheeksoriginals.com/i...s/2-400Men.jpg

http://ballroom-danceshoes.blogspot....ens-black.html

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,..._-NV-DAN-MB-03

curiouscharles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7

You're quite literally marsupialed. The leather on CPs is dandy, especially for the low price point, not to mention the construction is top notch as these are fabricated in the same factory as Lanvin sneakers.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by curiouscharles
You're quite literally marsupialed. The leather on CPs is dandy, especially for the low price point, not to mention the construction is top notch as these are fabricated in the same factory as Lanvin sneakers.

It's disingenuous to claim these are low priced, regardless of your criteria. CPs are cool shoes but let's not pretend they're cheap.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think that same factory = same quality... Regardless, CPs are well made, though they are not anything remotely in the realm of a 'low price point'.

The dress shoes look alright, if a little blah. Was the numbered stamp really necessary on the side? I get that this is their 'gimmick' but it just looks dumb on the side of perf'd oxford.

Englandmj7

Reaction score

The low price point?

Charles, there's no need to try and educate me here. I can guarantee you that hands down, I have infinitely more knowledge and experience with the brand than you. I own multiple pairs of CP sneakers and was a fan of them way before the craze even hit SUFU (where you undoubtedly first learned of them). Everyone knows that they are made in the same factory as Lanvin, Rick Owens, etc (even Emporio Armani are having sneakers made there), but that doesn't mean ****. I didn't say they would fall apart, I inferred that if buyer's purchase them online without seeing them in person, they should note that the leather is fairly thin and the soles aren't very durable. That might cause one to reconsider dropping $400 on them.

So Lanvin sneakers are the pinnacle of quality now heh? hahahah.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads