• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Finally got my EG Shannon's (Dark Oak, 82 Last):

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
NOS AE Fifth Avenues purchased from SF Buying & Selling. I suspect corrected grain, but I really like them. I don't think AE does anything in the same league as the Fifth Avenue these days.

p1050008cq5.jpg

Notice the way there is that waffling around the edge of the sole and that the stitching is much finer than on current production models - including the Park Ave. I have an older pair of PAs which I brought new and it much better made than the current crop of PAs. In fact the stitching is finer than on many high end English shoes.

Gherkins

Reaction score
Another really wonderful shoe, Panzeraxe!
worship.gif

I wonder how many Shannons are currently on order at EG. I'll join the party with my order in November.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question: is Shannon an MTO shoe only or is there even the slightest chance that I may one day get it from the EG semi-annual sales?

It's so pretty
inlove.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gherkins
Another really wonderful shoe, Panzeraxe!
worship.gif

I wonder how many Shannons are currently on order at EG. I'll join the party with my order in November.

Killer boots Panzer!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Two Shannons on order for me, the waiting is grueling.

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

gdl203 - I suspect, but am uncertain, that the Shannon's are MTO only. I have been to the EG store in London a few times and have yet to see RTW Shannon's on offer.

Gherkins - I agree, the Shannon really has become the "It" shoe/boot of AAAC and SF. Let's see how long the interest lasts. Pretty soon the Shannon's will be partying with Paris, dating deadbeats, and getting arrested with their Chihuahua's only to keep us interested in them.

nioh

Reaction score
Nice Shannons Panzer!

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Sator - what last / color combo did you opt for?
This was the one I had chosen the 88 last in C width for (along with Bengal-Stripe). It will be black with a matching coloured suede upper. I think one of the best things about this boot is being able to order a different leather for the upper. It also helps to more clearly mark them out as a dress boot. Additionally, suede (or fabric) is softer and more comfortable around the ankles.

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
This was the one I had chosen the 88 last in C width for (along with Bengal-Stripe). It will be black with a matching coloured suede upper.

I think one of the best things about this boot is being able to order a different leather for the upper. It also helps to more clearly mark them out as a dress boot. Additionally, suede (or fabric) is softer and more comfortable around the ankles.

That sounds amazing - I hope you will post pics.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Love to take credit but I had nothing to do with Panzer's fine pair
blush.gif

Mine are still in the pipes...
smile.gif

Wrong person. My bad. Great shows Panzer.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also has anyone noticed that dress boots look better in longer, sleeker lasts? It stops boots from looking like a country styled boots. Late 19th century and Edwardian catalogues often show Oxford boots with quite long, sleek toes. I also notice this on the odd eBay vintage/antique pair which shows up. Here is a late Victorian or Edwardian pair on eBay several months ago. They were stamped on the sole as being from "B.E.E. Bootery" and "The Emerson Shoe, Honest Throughout, Sterling Quality":
Emerson_Oxford_boots.jpg
Normally, I would have said it looked too pointy but with this style of boot it seems to work. This pair currently on eBay is also quite long and slender: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=004 I have even found my 202 last in D width insufficiently sleek, and wish I had gone up a 1/2 size and down to C width. The 82 last works better with the Shannon just as the 7000 last works well for the Canonbury. I imagine the F or U last from Vass would also work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members