• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nelton
Yes, I realise that! I bought it before my SF days, and I really like the shirt, so I just carry on wearing it anyway! All my other shirts fit right, I think. Any critique on the suit?

Cheers, Nick.

Sleeves are a little too long, and the suit seems around one size too large? Apart from that, not bad! Like you pocket-square fold too, btw!

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
A little Madness in the Spring
Is wholesome even for the King...

...But God be with the Clown -
Who ponders this tremendous scene -
This whole Experiment of Green -
As if it were his own!

- B

Really like this colour combo.

Al_Merick

Reaction score
Off to the club for a meeting regarding the AT&T National. Shirt is a Pink/White stripe OCBD. Pants are linen, hence the wrinkles.

Critiques/Comments please!

DSC02274-1.jpg

DSC02275-1.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Why east wind chills and south wind cools
Shall not be known till windwell dries
And west's no longer drowned
In winds that bring the fruit and rind

Why silk is soft and the stone wounds
The child shall question all his days,
Why night-time rain and the breast's blood
Both quench his thirst he'll have a black reply

(Hm. More fun in pre-Google-era.)

Nelton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
@Nelton: sc sleeves are too long, contrast between tie and shirt too little (thus the eye doesn´t find a grounding point for a stable view), tie knot not to be spoken about and trou seem to long (too much creasing). Not trying to be mean, just my point of view.
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Sleeves are a little too long, and the suit seems around one size too large? Apart from that, not bad! Like you pocket-square fold too, btw!
Yeah it was my first suit purchase, hence why the sizing is off, I just have real trouble getting a perfect suit fit, as ideally I am a 36 chest but I can't squeeze into size 30 trousers so I never really know what to do as I try to buy my suits in the sales, got that one for £180 which I was pretty happy about. The people I bought it from Pie in Kingston said they would be happy for me to take it and any other suits I have to their tailor and they could take it in at the shoulders. I'll definitely get the sleeves shortened and then see what I can do about the shoulders. And yes the trousers are waaaay too long and need to be tapered also. The tie knot is atrocious yes, but this tie is really thin and I'm really not sure what to do about tie knots still learning... if you could possibly suggest knots that would look good, I would be more than happy to learn how to tie them. Also spoozy note taken on the lack of contrast I will try and post more fits when I have the time but thats one of my favourite shirt, tie suit and pocket square combinations (i only have 1 pocket square, so cheers for the compliment Japanalex), so i tried to make up on this with my shoes which maybe add something different, I don't know im still learning. And finally spoozy, i like your style and wish I had as many clothes and options to play with as you seem to... Cheers Nick

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flag day. Getting into the spirit. Also, politician's lapel pin.

Details:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macaroni
today:

unlined and unstructured cotton suit: Zaremba Bespoke
shirt: DaVinci MTM
shoes: Jan Wielądek bespoke
tie: Sam Hober
socks: Marcoliani

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Nice suit and shoes, macaroni. What fabric is that?

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nelton
(I only have 1 pocket square, so cheers for the compliment, JapanAlex01!)
No worries, bro! Yeah, if you can get it tailored it will look much nicer! The fit is the only thing wrong with it, really! Just YouTube some tie-knots (for example, half-Windsor [my fav])! Carry on lurking here, you will learn a lot (I am still learning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members