1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

I can see your [​IMG] on the lack of tie, I agree. I dont get it on the shoes though. I mean this seriously - I always thought of spectators and seersucker as hand in hand. My other option I had out this morning was the polo suede RL Redways. Would that have been a better option?

ill say again i think the no tie was a good move with the suit and shirt. the ps was enough for me. it would be a bit monochrome but i think no socks and the right blue (suede?) loafers would have been kick ass. very spreezy. or if the spectators had been blue and white also i think it might have been better. anywho...

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I was hoping you would chime in, Southern master. [​IMG] No way am I rocking a bow - but yeah, and as others mention below, I agree it should have had a tie. I thought it would have worked without, but I can see it really does need one. But I am confused on the shoes - Are spectators not appropriate with a seersucker? Keep in mind I usually do not do this sort of steezy, I thought it was appropriate.

Specs are 100% appropriate with Seersucker. I can't think of a type of suit they are more appropriate with...maybe linen. The ultra-traditional choice would be white bucks with a red crepe sole (especially if you live in Oxford Mississippi), but those shoes are fine. It was the shoes mixed with the suit and the exploding square...but no tie that really threw the mix off, if you ask me.

Mike

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Specs are 100% appropriate with Seersucker. I can't think of a type of suit they are more appropriate with...maybe linen. The ultra-traditional choice would be white bucks with a red crepe sole (especially if you live in Oxford Mississippi), but those shoes are fine. It was the shoes mixed with the suit and the exploding square...but no tie that really threw the mix off, if you ask me.

Mike

Thanks - so say the square was TV folded and I had a navy solid twill tie on (My choice before I decided to chuck it). Shoes work? They are brown and white BTW.

4. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Thanks - so say the square was TV folded and I had a navy solid twill tie on (My choice before I decided to chuck it). Shoes work? They are brown and white BTW.

I think the shoes would work fine. Don't forget, there is a anti-spec contingency here on SF that doesn't like them in any circumstance. You would get nothing but compliments down here on that fit.

Mike

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Cheeky! [​IMG]

I'm sorry"”we Dutch are terribly blunt. [​IMG]

Hey, two cameras would be a great way to capture two different fit angles simultaneously. That's taking SF to a whole new level. Someone out there HAS to do this! [​IMG]

Yep, good idea!

6. DutchDaedalus

DutchDaedalus Senior member

I'm sorry"”we Dutch are terribly blunt. [​IMG]

(...)

I prefer to call it (brutal) honesty. [​IMG]

7. acecow

acecow Senior member

A little scared by great posters...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great fit on the coat. Not a fan of the shoes though.

Another gorgeous day by the river!
    [​IMG]

Some modern art
    [​IMG]

Okay that's enough photos!
    [​IMG]

Yey. Very nice!

Re-posting both fits in the casual thread as well, if you guys don't mind.

8. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Bow tie Friday!
    [​IMG]

Loving the bow tie, but that SC is way snug (sorry mate, not trying to be a prick).

9. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Thanks man. How is your shirt project coming along?
    It's moving forward but at a glacial pace, as with all MTM projects. Your last post has me wondering if MyTailor.com could create a collar in any way similar to yours if I showed them a copy of your pic. Then again, what would be the point? I'm not man enough to iron my own shirts, so I'd just flatten out the roll anyway.
    [​IMG]
    Not to put too fine a point on it, friend, but you're placing a rather heavy burden on that jacket button. It also appears that your jacket sleeves and your shirt sleeves are too short. Hard to tell from this photo, though.

10. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

11. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I think the shoes would work fine. Don't forget, there is a anti-spec contingency here on SF that doesn't like them in any circumstance. You would get nothing but compliments down here on that fit.

Mike

I think the shoes really made the entire outfit rock. IMHO the peak lapels really worked, though I could not prescribe them to the average guy...you are used to being that bold and can pull it off. I am supporting the lack of a tie due to the following:

1) It's a Friday in the summer and most d-bags are in Dockers and a polo
    2) The lapels and the PS have a lot of visual interest
    3) Anyone is the Spooniverse is so used to see you in a tie (I mean...the guy wears full suits on SATURDAYS) that by virtue of not wearing one you are making a pretty bold statement

And of course...

4) It's Spoo. Everyone else just wishes they could pull it off.

All in all I can't really recommend it for the Boardroom or a big client meeting, but for a casual summer look? Outstanding.

12. AlmostSmart

AlmostSmart Senior member

O right. Isn't that nice to know, chaps.

13. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

14. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Replica Rolex watches [​IMG].

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I prefer to call it (brutal) honesty. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Yeah... but no thank you.

Replica Rolex watches [​IMG].

Don't quote spam, makes it hard for moderator to delete.

17. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I'm not speaking about the length. Please use Google for 'the Italian cut', or if you want, there are plenty pictures to find; even in the non-satorialist thread.
    Dude, you're talking like we don't understand what you're talking about..! [​IMG]

18. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Like the colour palette (a lot!), especially the watch strap, but like everyone else has said, the jacket is a little tight, and the sleeves are way too short! (Sorry!)

19. NORE

NORE Senior member

Bow tie Friday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. f-bodeee

f-bodeee Active Member

Another gorgeous day by the river!
    [​IMG]

Some modern art
    [​IMG]

Okay that's enough photos!