• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

68stang

Reaction score
Stanton x10. They are a good fit. Also consider the j crew outlet version that cost less and are very soft with the same fit. I have red, grey, and tan.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Can anybody here comment on the fit of the NBs that J. Crew has available? TTS, down or up half a size, etc.?

I sized up 1/2 size, as i always do in NB sneaks

Morgan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wqvong
Has anybody tried on the Legacy two-button blazer with double-vented back in Ludlow fit from Jcrew? I'm been looking for a navy blazer for quite some time.

Yeah, I like it a lot, but the Ludlow cut happens to fit me really well. It's a pretty consistent item so if you intend to get it I recommend waiting until the next 20% off sale (unless you need it sooner).

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy 484 denim in 32, any inseam or color
pm me

karmaguy

Reaction score
yeah if anyone's got a Jcrew suit (any kind really!) in a 38R or those stanton shorts in a sz 30 to sell, PM me.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I sized up 1/2 size, as i always do in NB sneaks
Thanks for your input, man. Just in case anyone cares (or searches the thread for New Balances in the future), I went TTS on the sneakers. They fit comfortably with a pair of regular socks, and a tiny bit loose without socks. I'm a 9.5D on Brannock, and went for the size 9.5. There's a lot of hate on NB, but they're oh-so-comfortable, and will be great if I ever find myself having to do a lot of walking. The suede is a subtle, but nice touch! A bit expensive, though, I will say that; student discount can't be applied, and it's unlikely that these will ever be discounted much, so buyers will most likely just have to eat them at full price.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Thanks for your input, man. Just in case anyone cares (or searches the thread for New Balances in the future), I went TTS on the sneakers. They fit comfortably with a pair of regular socks, and a tiny bit loose without socks. I'm a 9.5D on Brannock, and went for the size 9.5.

There's a lot of hate on NB, but they're oh-so-comfortable, and will be great if I ever find myself having to do a lot of walking. The suede is a subtle, but nice touch!

A bit expensive, though, I will say that; student discount can't be applied, and it's unlikely that these will ever be discounted much, so buyers will most likely just have to eat them at full price.

The NB 574, which can be had for the $50-60 range is almost the same sneaker, IMO, though not made in the USA. I love mine. Super comfy for my flat feet. Great color choices as well.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone interested in the j.crew x saturdays surf nyc button-up, size small? took off the tags but still new, a bit to small for me. retail was $95 i believe, shoot me an offer.
saturdays.jpg

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that must have come out very recently, i was there this past weekend and they only had 4 styles for short sleeves. havent seen that one yet, but looks like a winner.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
The NB 574, which can be had for the $50-60 range is almost the same sneaker, IMO, though not made in the USA. I love mine. Super comfy for my flat feet. Great color choices as well.

I feel the J.Crew 1400s have a much nicer shape than Chinese made 574s.

New-Balance-1400-J-Crew-Sneakers.jpg

vs

New-Balance-574-Holiday-2010-00.jpeg

574 always look too stubby and short for my taste. But purportedly the new US made Custom 574s are an improvement on that shape (may order a pair once they offer more colors).

Also, as to not throw things completely off topic, I can add that my experience with the 1400 sizing is about the same as jslade. I'd say they fit either TTS for sneakers or maybe a half size big. I wear a 12 Vans and these are more roomy (which is great for me since I have to wear my Vans kind of tight).

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
anyone interested in the j.crew x saturdays surf nyc button-up, size small? took off the tags but still new, a bit to small for me. retail was $95 i believe, shoot me an offer.

saturdays.jpg

Are any of the small shirts you're trying to unload in slim fit?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj_fl