• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I use the same pen lulz.

Nice sebenza.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.JPG
What I usually have on me.
2.JPG
-Lacie USB Cookey 4GB -Saddleback Keychain + Nite Ize S-Biner + Keys -Nokia 6301 Phone (garbage beater) -Seiko Orange Monster + Shark Mesh -Burt's Bees Lip Balm -Saddleback Leather Small Wallet, Tabacco
3.JPG
-EverTorch Dual Flame Lighter -Palio Cigar Cutter, Wood Grain -Fisher Bullet Space Pen, Brush Aluminum -Opinel no. 7 Knife -Dr. Dre Beats Tour Earphones -Sansa Clip+ 4GB, RockBox
4.JPG
-Oscar de la Renta Glasses sometimes I'll wear them, often not.

fungz0r

Reaction score
What are some knife recommendations, been thinking about getting a knife but all the ones I really liked were like $400 :S Didn't know they were that expensive

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
What are some knife recommendations, been thinking about getting a knife but all the ones I really liked were like $400 :S Didn't know they were that expensive

What kind of knife?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
Any of you guys on CPF?
Yep.
Originally Posted by benjamin831
So you guys all carry knives and surefires? Who do you think you are? Special forces? lol
I use both daily. They are nothing more than common tools. Now if you want to talk about a Steyr AUG or a Cheytac 408 I might agree with you.
I'm not sure what kinda life you lead, but I sure don't find myself needing a knife and flash everyday. But then again I don't live in a ghetto or have a blue-collar job.
So you have never used a knife or flashlight in your life? How did you arrive at your conclusion that you have to live in a ghetto or work BC to need either tool? Oh and here's my new CCW gun. It's a Sig Sauer P238 Rosewood model. Sig Sauer P238 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr Sig Sauer P238a by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Crane's,

Why do you need so many extra clips, lol!
Planning a trip to Camden, New Jersey soon? . . .

fungz0r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
What kind of knife?

I'm looking for something fairly small that won't be too much of a hassle to carry around. So a small,thin folding knife?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
Hey Crane's, Why do you need so many extra clips, lol! Planning a trip to Camden, New Jersey soon? . . .
Well I'm taking the advice of my very good friend Burt Gummer, "when you need it, and don't have it you sing a different tune." My buddy Mitch is gonna love my next order. LOL. Going to order 1 on the belt holster and an IWB rig. I'm modifying my carry method to take advantage of the SAO only mechanism per Sig's recommendations.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what kinda life you lead, but I sure don't find myself needing a knife and flash everyday. But then again I don't live in a ghetto or have a blue-collar job.
There is a lot of trash-talk from both sides on the carrying of knives (firearms are a different debate). I rather wish that those who did carry knives not refer to possible uses including, "stabbing mowafuckers" or whatever. That's idiotic. Knife fights are brutal and bloody -- a knife as a self-defense tool is, at the very best, an ultra-last ditch, nothing-to-lose weapon for most. I also rather wish that those who didn't carry knives wouldn't attempt to cast those who do as redneck hicks. What, are you children? (Probably, I suppose). I've carried a knife everyday since I was 10 or so. I wear a suit to work most days, and live in the country far from crime. Part of my time I spend in a big city with a lot of crime. Still, the knife is my most used-tool (even more than the little flat-head screwdriver on my keyring). None of the times I have most appreciated having it were for defensive purposes -- they say that a man's foremost obligation is to his idea of the duties of manhood. Part of my "ideas of the duties of manhood" is to be able to attend to a variety of situations that arise with preparedness, a broad competence with mechanical devices, and a knowledge of how to make do with what is at hand. Most of the time, if I use my knife (I'm sure I do weekly), is for mundane things -- packages, blister packs, and such. But sometimes it has been really valuable: a friend's beat up old car in college sprang a leak in the upper rad hose which had cracked axially from the clamp. I cut it back (hot! but already depresurized) from the fitting, took the clamp off with the little screwdriver on my keyring, and streched it back on and re-clamped it. 15 minutes. There have been a few bottle-openings sans corkscrew courtesy my Victorinox Ranger, and one bottle opening when I used my Henckles folder, closed, to push the cork into the bottle. Just last week I had to give a presentation to some really important people, before which I stopped at the john. Damned if my zipper didn't lose one of the pawls and break off as I pulled it up. I was like, ****!, but took my knife out and cut into the zipper fabric at the bottom so I could rehook the zipper. It zipped up fine, but I was careful not to pull it up right to the top where the broken pawl was. I don't know what I would have otherwise done -- run off somewhere to try and find scissors or someone else's knife. Two weeks ago, leaving a friend's house a guy playing with his wiper asked if knew anything about cars, and could I help with his wiper? It was night, and dark. I had my messenger with me, took out my little flashlight (nothign like what these guys carry, I admit), and saw that I could reattach it for him with a little help from the Leatherman I carry in my bag. It was nice to help him out, both for the self-respect that brings as well as for the respect from others. It is a kick, no doubt about it, but not one that in any way makes me a 'tough guy' or badass somehow, nor would I want to project that. That said, there is a line when all of these things just turn into pure fetishism, which is stupid -- that happens when the point of all of this is forgotten, when the substance behind having these tools and their capable use is subservient to the trash-talk. I'm sure that happens, but I'm equally sure that sometimes, people just want to talk about what they carry, what they like, and why. ~ H

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Those are some serious man-stoppers right there.
Yes they are. Hornady Critical Defense loads are my fallback ammo choice when I can't get Corbon or Buffalo Bore ammo. My preferred ammo choice is Buffalo Bore then Corbon followed by Hornady.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman

I rather wish that those who did carry knives not refer to possible uses including, "stabbing mowafuckers"

that was me.

and i was merely mocking anyone that thinks knives are carried for anything other than mundane, simple, daily occasions where you wish you had a sharp edge available.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something fairly small that won't be too much of a hassle to carry around. So a small,thin folding knife?

Originally Posted by blazingazn
http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Two-Ca.../dp/B0009VC9MM

Kershaw Two Can Knife.

doubles as scissors too.

Kershaw makes good knives, but I'm not a fan of the assisted openers (which this one isn't) simply because in my mind the spring is an unnecessary complication. They are very thin, though. There are tons of companies that make excellent knives from $30- hundreds, so it really comes down to what aesthetic you like and how much you want to spend. I carry a Benchmade 943 a lot of times, but I also carry a small Case folder that I picked up because it reminded me of one my Grandfather carried. I'd say check out smkw.com if you're really unsure. They have a broad selection that'll get you started.

tomorrowstars

Reaction score

Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
11snmkz.jpg

If you want something on the gentleman folder side, then one of these (Laguiole ~$100, Frost Doctor's knife ~$25) or an Opinel (sometimes under $10) would do you fine.
If you want something more tactical, Kershaw on the low end, Benchmade on the high end, Spyderco on both ends (depending on whether you get a Chinese or Japanese one).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScrawlcoQ