• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the grey vest with the jeans and blazer? Does it look a little "Morning suit" on the top? I also apologise for the terrible photo - my first go with a self timer!
2md0kk.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Don't love the shirt, but love the vibe. Cheers!

Thank you; I'll take what I can get, fellow

Originally Posted by spoozy
Hella, that oozes style.

Thank you, it does seem like your sort of thing, I reckon

That last look of yours requires a deeper v-neck, but is otherwise very promising. The palette was certainly thought out well

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Good to see you posting. That shirt is definitely making a statement
smile.gif

The statement is, "I have all the fun pills and I'm ready to party," my friend

Originally Posted by binge
Brown-in-town, post-meet-up sleepy-steez...

Good show, pal. I hope that the trip went fine

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Oh Spooo ... the idea was great. The execution was turrrrrble.

AS - the bowtie is too big and not very attractive. not a good look for you today. the suit fits pretty well though as serves as a good base .. the shirt and other accessories just derailed it.

Spoo, I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with my countryman on this one. There's an overall sense of dissonance, particularly the attempt to tie it all together with a pocket square that seems a little too cheerful and, well, silky for such a textured ensemble, not to mention too obvious as a colour matcher. I could see something with rust, yellow, orange and/or green working much better if it must be multicoloured, as well as a contrast trimmed linen - say, mouse grey with red. I'm also wavering on the lavender cardigan. However, that's a hell of a skin on the loafers - we may have to talk again...

As for AS, I don't even think the suit's styling is particularly commendable. I will agree on Nii's other points barring the captoes. I usually like SF's taste in footwear, I suppose, although funnily enough, I was tempted to suggest that Spoo's outift would be better with Chelseas

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
What are your thoughts on the grey vest with the jeans and blazer? Does it look a little "Morning suit" on the top?

I've no complaints about the quality of the photo - you did fine

But this sort of thing always requires a great quality and cut of denim to succeed, otherwise it really is, as an e-friend of mine once put it, "the mullet of dressing." And I think that at the very least, you need a trim

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Oh, snap!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting to DTO Nii on this fit for a while. Since it is green beer day, I figured this was as good a chance as I was going to get.

Have a good one and try not to wind up in the gutter today.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

DrunkDay1.JPG

DrunkDay2.JPG

DrunkDay3.JPG

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are cold
laugh.gif
So seriously - why? I've worn the pants with this jacket a hundred times and everyone loved it. The shirt is a totally innocuous pale blue, the tie is sedate next to the loud pants and comprises all the colors of the fit. The cardigan, yeah it's borderline Spoozy, I can see that. Pocket square - a soft floral silk twill to offset the dry texture of the straight geometric lines of the wool pants and tie, and cashmere jacket. Shoes...well, I felt frisky
laugh.gif
So I ask this - if I lost the cardigan and wore socks with, say, a wingtip - how would you feel about that? Acrid - shoes are a croc belly penny by A.Testoni black label. One of the most perfectly symmetrical skins I have seen. I love em. Just picked up from distinctive's mega thread. Thanks as always for your advice my dudes.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn, you guys are cold
laugh.gif

So seriously - why? I've worn the pants with this jacket a hundred times and everyone loved it. The shirt is a totally innocuous pale blue, the tie is sedate next to the loud pants and comprises all the colors of the fit. The cardigan, yeah it's borderline Spoozy, I can see that. Pocket square - a soft floral silk twill to offset the dry texture of the straight geometric lines of the wool pants and tie, and cashmere jacket. Shoes...well, I felt frisky
laugh.gif

So I ask this - if I lost the cardigan and wore socks with, say, a wingtip - how would you feel about that?

Acrid - shoes are a croc belly penny by A.Testoni black label. One of the most perfectly symmetrical skins I have seen. I love em. Just picked up from distinctive's mega thread.

Thanks as always for your advice my dudes.

Solid pants would have been much better. The pattern of the pants, tie, ps, overall color combo, and texture of the gators all come together in a way that's not pleasing to the eye.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are cold
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

So I ask this - if I lost the cardigan and wore socks with, say, a wingtip - how would you feel about that?

Acrid - shoes are a croc belly penny by A.Testoni black label. One of the most perfectly symmetrical skins I have seen. I love em. Just picked up from distinctive's mega thread.

Thanks as always for your advice my dudes.

Honestly, Spoo....I despise the cardigan. But, I hate the look of cardigans in general, and especially under jackets. Also you have on a jacket and a sweater and then no socks. This seems to be cold up top, warm down below, it just does not jibe. I think if the tie had been closer to a solid and either you wore socks with the loafers, or different shoes...it would have been much better.

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
DrunkDay1.JPG

DrunkDay2.JPG

DrunkDay3.JPG

Overall I like this fit very much. I especially like the texture/pattern play of the tie and shirt. The only thing that throws me a bit is the ps, the turquoise (?) dots seem to be a bit out of place. But you know me...I like teh white linenz
laugh.gif

But those shoes are
drool.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Honestly, Spoo....I despise the cardigan. But, I hate the look of cardigans in general, and especially under jackets. Also you have on a jacket and a sweater and then no socks. This seems to be cold up top, warm down below, it just does not jibe. I think if the tie had been closer to a solid and either you wore socks with the loafers, or different shoes...it would have been much better.

Mike

I get that. Cold up top, warm down low. Didn't even think of that. Thanks mike.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
b1546490.jpg

6f882a98.jpg

c03049f4.jpg

Were you beaten up by an Irish gang as a child? Looks like you are giving St. Pat a big F-U!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ I actually thought my fit today would get more praise than criticism. I have a lot to learn, I guess.

For the record, I thought that the bow tie was in proportion to your face, and worked with your outfit - why Mr. Dawg saw red - dunno, can't say.

As for my accessory moderation - it's been that way for most of this week, but it's an unnatural phenomenon - I could fall off the minimalist wagon at any time
laugh.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
as_full.JPG

as_shoes.JPG

as_deets.JPG

Not sure about the fit, because of how you are standing...but I have to say, now that is STYLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members