• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshaw

Reaction score
Spectacular, Spoo - love the drape on the trousers.
worship.gif

4b1fde16.jpg

Dear Urban - who left you in charge to judge how many photos are approriate here? I have NO problem with Crusty's posting 6 photos - maybe you're just used to seeing too many complete reposts by others of all of Crusty's original posts. Maybe everyone reposting the 1 photo that strikes them would make it more palatable for you.

We are a lazy people here on teh intewebz, and we lose interest quickly. There is no need to post so many pictures, especially if all them are huge and most of them are identical. Please decrease the number of pictures and/or their size.[/quote]

Robbie - wonderful, as usual - however, wld you post these shots in the "Rock Your Socks" thread? Thanks..it'll make that thread more fun to gaze upon.
biggrin.gif

IMG_4153.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Wow, that came unexpected
smile.gif
...thank you Spoomeister, seems as if i´m on the right track.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by upr_crust

A real Crusty here...nice one.

Originally Posted by Requiem

Noice.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Hmm...you´ve lost me with that ps. Replace it by blue and i´ll approve.

Originally Posted by ManofKent

True, but temperatures were rather low, i had to throw in a second layer.

Originally Posted by MBreinin

High ace.

Originally Posted by Sotiris

This is a pretty good sc, fit seems great and fabric is really nice. But don´t pair it with a white ps, no good match
smile.gif

Speaking of non-matching things...

5515448939_569389714b_z.jpg

5516032518_03d83d08e6_z.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
172504--41780713-m750x740-u12aa3.jpg

172504--41780718-m750x740-u16f2c.jpg

172504--41780723-m750x740-udee6d.jpg

That jacket fits you amazingly well - no divots, not too snug. Is there a difference?

Originally Posted by Sotiris
Same SC as last weekend, but you can actually see it now.
redface.gif

Looking for full critique of it, as it's one of my new, post SF pieces, and I am thinking of getting more from this designer - but am soliciting feedback before I do so.

Also not sure what's going on with my left hand here - not looking to pick a fight.
uhoh.gif
fight[1].gif
laugh.gif

031011a.jpg
031011c.jpg

031011b.jpg
[/SPOILER]

That's a great SC. Fits you well, too. Here's a couple things I might suggest:

I like the jeans with the SC. Looks cool. However, while dress trousers might nor might not have a belt, jeans always should.

Also, the pocket square is nice. With jeans, I'd say it's unnecessary, but if you want to dandy it up, who am I to say?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg
Tie is cool. Shirt is cool. Both together = too much. I'd either change the tie to a smaller pattern (or solid) or change the shirt to a smaller stripe.

Shoes are great, and the SC fits you well. What's the material on the SC, BTW?
Originally Posted by tshaw
Dear Urban - who left you in charge to judge how many photos are approriate here? I have NO problem with Crusty's posting 6 photos - maybe you're just used to seeing too many complete reposts by others of all of Crusty's original posts. Maybe everyone reposting the 1 photo that strikes them would make it more palatable for you.
No one left me in charge; it's only a suggestion. If the dude's wearing a 3 piece suit, do I have to see the full shirt underneath? Take it a step further: do I have to know that the lining of his drawers match the piping of his pocket square?
Repoasting is another problem. But still, poasting 6-ish repetitive pics of oneself, unless you're Jessica Alba, is over the top.
Suggestion: Jessica Alba, please poast here. kthxbai
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Acer
nah, i like it. thanks for your opinion though!
Listen to Nii. He knows what he's talking about.

Requiem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy

Thanks for the comment.

Jacket looks a bit stiff.
Jacket/shirt/tie/pants/shoes coordination is great, but ps just doesn't look right. Plain white or a complementary paisley (maybe blue) would work much better, imo.

post scriptum- oops, my bad about the ps... at first glance (laptop monitor badly placed) it looked like a plain black ps...
Still, maybe it's the fold and overall stifness I don't like.
Cheers

Acer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Listen to Nii. He knows what he's talking about.

Yeah I've seen that he definitely knows how to throw an outfit together from various pics I've seen lurking around... I do like the tie, though. Is paisley / floral just a no go? I'm so tired of wearing stripes all the time. Also, the pattern is quite a bit more subdued than the picture makes it seem.
confused.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Wow, that came unexpected
smile.gif
...thank you Spoomeister, seems as if i´m on the right track.
biggrin.gif

A real Crusty here...nice one.

Noice.

Hmm...you´ve lost me with that ps. Replace it by blue and i´ll approve.

True, but temperatures were rather low, i had to throw in a second layer.

High ace.

This is a pretty good sc, fit seems great and fabric is really nice. But don´t pair it with a white ps, no good match
smile.gif

Speaking of non-matching things...

That's really nice, spoozy.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight:
Tchaikovsky + Shakespeare + Dudamel + Orlando Bloom + LA Philharmonic =
nest.gif

kPxIa.jpg

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw

We are a lazy people here on teh intewebz, and we lose interest quickly. There is no need to post so many pictures, especially if all them are huge and most of them are identical. Please decrease the number of pictures and/or their size.

[/quote]

If I may jump in to this conversation: the problem here is not that upr_crust posts too many pictures (though that doesn't help). The problem is that his outfits are ******* hideous. Let's call a spade a spade.

Requiem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow

I'm never picky about fabric quality or cloth drape , as that may be related to the wearer's budget (not saying that's your case, although it's usually mine), but I always get a bad impression from someone wearing a tie too short... especially if one takes the time to photograph himself, one should take the time to get his tie to properly cover the belt buckle.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52