• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
All true.

But I've never seen EVERYTHING (except a handful of pieces) at almost every size and color put on such a deep discount.

Great for the consumer. Can't be great for the future of LEC.

Lands' End Canvas is a diffusion line of Lands' End who has been around for like 50 years or whatever and Lands' End is owned by Sears. If the Sony PSP doesn't do well it doesn't mean Sony is done.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Lands' End Canvas is a diffusion line of Lands' End who has been around for like 50 years or whatever and Lands' End is owned by Sears. If the Sony PSP doesn't do well it doesn't mean Sony is done.

No, but it might mean the PSP is done.

When LEC is reduced to giving a product away (and they apparently have a lot of product to give away), I can't imagine the folks at LE are happy with sales.

Just sayin is all...

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who just recently completed a internship for LE and he indicated that LEC has been far more successful than expected. I think Johdus Fanfoozal has a bemusing perspective on manufacturing cost.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
I have a friend who just recently completed a internship for LE and he indicated that LEC has been far more successful than expected. I think Johdus Fanfoozal has a bemusing perspective on manufacturing cost.

Probably expected the initial seasons to end up in the red, the idea is probably to raise brand recognition for the future and hopefully turn a profit down the road.

Or their manufacturing costs are low enough that they're already profitable, in which case he's hoping to build something big with Canvas.

Either way, I like the idea of solid, inexpensive clothing with good customer service.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
they should introduce XS since the stuff seems to run big

+1 couldn't agree more.

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
wasn't sure about the fit on the oxfords so i went w/ a small and medium on the ones i got if both were available...

heritage oxford - light emerald, true cordovan
heritage garment dyed oxford - light emerald, royal burgandy, dark spruce
varsity shawl collar sweatshirt - dark spruce, royal burgandy

i'll just return what i don't want at Sears...hopefully i like the fit of one or the other

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
I'm not overly muscular, but I do go to the gym, and the LEC shirts (including the oxford) were too small in the top half, really pulling in the back, relative to a looser lower half.

Doug C

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
anyone have experience with the down puffer jacket?
I was wondering the same, wouldn't have hesitated if it had a hood and drawstring waist.... anyone ?

kidkorea

Reaction score
Great service, returned a cardigan that didn't fit and the money was credited back to my account 2 business days later

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karenroger