• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Doug C

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Be aware that it takes a while for them to issue the refund (i.e. takes close to a month and a bit for me returning from Canada).
Wait... when you return stuff to the sears store what happens? They don't credit your card back right away or give cash refunds (I maybe can understand the 'no cash' refund I guess) ? What's the process ?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doug C
Wait... when you return stuff to the sears store what happens? They don't credit your card back right away or give cash refunds (I maybe can understand the 'no cash' refund I guess) ? What's the process ?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I return via mail. If you do it at a sears store it's obviously done right away.

WildPegasus

Reaction score
Anyone have the Men's Corps Jacket (army looking jacket)? I usually take a large in stuff but only Mediums are left.... but one of the reviewer hints that they fit big (so it may work for me). Just looking for someones else take on it.

I take an XL in most things (the notable exception seems to be LEC sweaters which an L fits better) and I just got a Corps jacket in XL and it fits pretty much as I'd want it to.

That being said, it is longer than I expected. It's a 3/4 length instead of a normal length. If I didn't get it dirt cheap, I'd be tempted to get the J Crew Fatigue jacket instead despite being more expensive.

bombers

Reaction score
Mail returns within the US took 3 weeks for me. 2.5 weeks for it to make back to their warehouse
facepalm.gif
and about 4-5 days for them to process the money back to my bank.

Doug C

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical
anyone have any input?
Since nobody else is offering a comment.... here's my thoughts - I'd say that the LEC one is less modern fitting, the JC one is more fitted throughout the torso. This is a thing that seems to bother some about the LEC one but not myself, it's not overly so in my opinion. Besides the fuller midsection is much more like how the true vintage chambray shirts were made. I won a deadstock NOS "Big Yank" chambray workshirt off ebay a while back and the LEC chambray is much more like that than the JC.. and it doesn't get more authentic than Big Yank. The Jcrew chambray cloth I like slightly better, the LEC is just a little thicker feeling (making it better for cooler weather). Otherwise, as far as quality I don't know how the LEC could be better. JMHO.

rfpgh

Reaction score
During this sale I bought a striped oxford that had the goofiest manufacturing error I've ever seen: the button at the end of the cuff was placed on the same side of the sleeve as the buttonhole for the gauntlet button, so the sleeves were impossible to button properly. Shouldn't complain about a $13 shirt I guess.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody got experience washing/cleaning the wool/cotton crewneck sweaters? It says machine washable on the website, but I don't want it to shrink much in length (it's spot on as it is, any shorter wouldn't work for me) although I wouldn't mind the collar shrinking up a bit.

brozek

Reaction score
I bought a couple pairs and returned them because of the weird hip flare. I returned them in person to a LE outlet, and the woman at the counter guessed why I was bringing them back before I said it. My guess is that it's a common problem!

Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
Anyone have any experience with Land's End's tailored fit dress pants? http://www.landsend.com/pp/PlainFron...7&origin=index

mercer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WildPegasus
Can you return their stuff to Sears stores in Canada? I talked with a rep that said I could but I didn't feel confident that she wasn't assuming it since you can do it in the US.

Yes, at least at Eaton Centre, Toronto, Sears

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Anybody got experience washing/cleaning the wool/cotton crewneck sweaters? It says machine washable on the website, but I don't want it to shrink much in length (it's spot on as it is, any shorter wouldn't work for me) although I wouldn't mind the collar shrinking up a bit.

I don't own those specific sweaters, but I do own a couple of their cotton-cashmeres and cotton-wool-synthetic blends.

We machine wash as a delicate, and then hang them flat on a rack to dry. That seems to work well.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisfits
I don't own those specific sweaters, but I do own a couple of their cotton-cashmeres and cotton-wool-synthetic blends.

We machine wash as a delicate, and then hang them flat on a rack to dry. That seems to work well.

Thanks. I think I may end up returning them anyways....LEC stuff is always just a hair too short for me (like 1/2 inch, if that) which seems negligible but bugs me regardless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads