Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ev01ut10ndt

ev01ut10ndt Senior member

prices are even lower...40% off the sale prices. Red chambray $9! Canvas shoes $10! Shaker cardigan $21!

They raised the sale prices but it still ends up being a couple bucks cheaper for each item.

I just spent more money again. argh!

code: canvasfs50, pin: 3311

2. AndyMcL

AndyMcL Well-Known Member

Anyone buy the Shawl Sweater Coat? It looks pretty decent, and with the 40% off it's down to below $30.

3. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

here's some pics of the marled blazer.
    My body is pretty freakish (6'3", 140lbs) so I dunno if this will be very useful to anybody lol.
    I bought a small...I think the sleeves are long enough for my lanky arms, but it's a lil tight around the chest.

what do yall think? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you tell me the actual chest and shoulder measurement?

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Thanks. I think I may end up returning them anyways....LEC stuff is always just a hair too short for me (like 1/2 inch, if that) which seems negligible but bugs me regardless.

Sweaters tend to stretch lengthwise, if you often wear them and rarely launder (delicates, lay flat on towels on dry) or dry clean.

I like them a little short to start for this reason.

Hard to argue with the prices with the 40% off. Lots of decent office pants in staple colors for under $20.

5. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

thinking about getting a couple of lands end canvas oxfords...

not sure on sizing thought

i'm 5' 11.5" and about 155 lbs.

chest size about 38-40

i wear medium in uniqlo, gap, etc. button downs

i read of people sizing down to small around my size in lands end but i'm afraid of the sleeves being too short...i wear a 33/34 dress shirt sleeve

looking for it to fit pretty slim on me

6. mk.ultra

mk.ultra Senior member

here's some pics of the marled blazer.
    My body is pretty freakish (6'3", 140lbs) so I dunno if this will be very useful to anybody lol.
    I bought a small...I think the sleeves are long enough for my lanky arms, but it's a lil tight around the chest.

what do yall think? [​IMG]

I think you should hit the gym man. I was 6'2" 150 lbs and shot up to 180 in the last year. It really pays off.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Wait... when you return stuff to the sears store what happens? They don't credit your card back right away or give cash refunds (I maybe can understand the 'no cash' refund I guess) ? What's the process ?

You get the credit immediately. I have done it a few times, and it really is a "no questions asked" situation - they literally will not even ask why you are returning.

Cash I don't know, but I would imagine they would refund cash only if you paid in cash; which with Canvas, which you order online, you can't do.

8. blynch

blynch Senior member

picked up way too many things, will probably end up returning some of the sweaters and shirts, but $10 for straight chinos is just stupid cheap. I thought the stuff i ordered yesterday from jcrew was cheap, this stuff makes it look expensive.

best deals in my mind would be the chinos, leather sandles for $8 (good quality, have a pair already), and overdyed oxfords.

9. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

I understand they have to get rid of stock. But sales like this (60 to 80 percent off almost the entire f/w line) can't be good for the future of LEC. More than a 100 pieces in almost any size and color?

It says one thing to the customer: You're a fool if you buy anything from us at retail.

10. Meis

Meis Senior member

I understand they have to get rid of stock. But sales like this (giveaways of almost the entire f/w line, really) can't be good for business.

Who in the world would buy anything here at retail when they can wait a few months and get it 60 to 80 percent off?

Because some people might want to wear the fall/winter stuff during November, December, and January? The heavier winter stuff will only be useful for about another month or so.
    And its all pretty cheap to begin with.

Also - almost every brand puts all remaining stock on deep discount at this time of year

Anyway, ended up grabbing some beaters w/ the 40% and free shipping:
    navy shawl sweatshirt
    navy/lupine rugby
    fatigue shawl in heather grey

11. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Because some people might want to wear the fall/winter stuff during November, December, and January? The heavier winter stuff will only be useful for about another month or so.
    And its all pretty cheap to begin with.

Also - almost every brand puts all remaining stock on deep discount at this time of year

All true.

But I've never seen EVERYTHING (except a handful of pieces) at almost every size and color put on such a deep discount.

Great for the consumer. Can't be great for the future of LEC.

12. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Kop'd:

shawl cardigans, poplin and flannel.

13. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

Prices dropped even more... o_O
    Well, that taught me one thing about LEC, wait a few days for even greater sales before ordering and don't worry about sizes running out.

Oh well, I'm satisfied with my $16 oxford and chambray though.

14. Barkinator

Barkinator Member

It says one thing to the customer: You're a fool if you buy anything from us at retail.

You're completely right. I've placed three orders from LEC since November, and I've always waited until a sale of at least 30%. The current 40% sale was too enticing not to pick up a few more things.

15. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

thinking about getting a couple of lands end canvas oxfords... not sure on sizing though i read of people sizing down to small around my size in lands end but i'm afraid of the sleeves being too short...i wear a 33/34 dress shirt sleeve
    I have the LEC Oxford, I usually wear 32/33 dress shirt sleeve and it's actually longer than I would like. However, the Chambray that I have, in size small, is perfect length, maybe even on the shorter side. Fit Picture. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...149471&page=92 Ordering a Cardigan and more oxfords haha.