• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Factor Xll

Reaction score
I am 5'8 and I wear a small, but I am on the athletic side so it fits me snug. Can't imagine a 6'1 wearing a small.

I bought 4 poplins, 2 flannel sleep pants and 2 ties. Prices are too good. Now if they just put that end-on-end poplin on sale, i'll buy the other two colors.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Factor Xll

I bought 4 poplins, 2 flannel sleep pants and 2 ties. Prices are too good. Now if they just put that end-on-end poplin on sale, i'll buy the other two colors.

They will. They always do.
Never buy anything for retail here.

pneumo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
definitely interested in some marled blazer fit pics. i'm 5'8" 140. have a feeling my one LEC purchase ever will be just that...

here's some pics of the marled blazer.
My body is pretty freakish (6'3", 140lbs) so I dunno if this will be very useful to anybody lol.
I bought a small...I think the sleeves are long enough for my lanky arms, but it's a lil tight around the chest.

what do yall think?
confused.gif

CIMG2107.jpg

CIMG2102.jpg

CIMG2101.jpg

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
Damn seriously?? 6'1 and wearing a small? I hope mine isnt like a tarp on me when i get it.

I wear a small in most casual shirts, medium in t shirts.

Definitely tuckable, but needs another 2" or so to be long enough for me to consider wearing it with slacks in a dressier sitch. I usually wear 15X34s and these sleeves are almost dead on, maybe a hair short.

This could all be misleading though, because my body is not made for OTR. I'm a pretty, pretty snowflake.

mrbrad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pneumo
here's some pics of the marled blazer. My body is pretty freakish (6'3", 140lbs) so I dunno if this will be very useful to anybody lol. I bought a small...I think the sleeves are long enough for my lanky arms, but it's a lil tight around the chest. what do yall think?
confused.gif

Crap! I'm 5'8" and those sleeves are going to be way long on my arms (typical 32-33"). I'm hoping it's just the angle -- how is the drape when you have your hands down flat against your sides? Personally, I prefer a more traditional length blazer (might be a little short on you), though I know it's the modern thing right now. I do agree about the chest -- since you've got a long torso the vintage-slim tapering does make the chest look a bit weird as the taper should be hitting lower down. Not a terrible fit (looks better unbuttoned), just something off about it. I'm not an expert. Also, where's your shirt from?

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
how would you guys compare the LEC chambrays to say JCrews, in terms of fit, quality, and feel?
Thanks

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah im 5'8" and that looks like its gonna be big on me :/

im getting this thing for twenty bucks so i guess ill experiment with shrinking it in the wash. what do i do hot water, and hot dry?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the LEC brown leather boots in 11.5 and while nice I just don't feel them as much as I thought. I've worn them once and am willing to sell them for cheap. PM me if you're interested.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
I have the LEC brown leather boots in 11.5 and while nice I just don't feel them as much as I thought. I've worn them once and am willing to sell them for cheap. PM me if you're interested.

Return 'em. LEC's return policy is the best I've seen.

For those here who wear a large, has LEC fixed the fit of their shirts? I bought some when LEC first started and found the fit to be lacking (shoulders/chest too tight, body to tent-like and too short in body). Not at all like J Crew (actually exactly opposite, the Crew is looser in the shoulder/chest and sleeves, more tapered in the body and longer).

Info needed asap before the sale ends.

Doug C

Reaction score
Anyone have the Men's Corps Jacket (army looking jacket)? I usually take a large in stuff but only Mediums are left.... but one of the reviewer hints that they fit big (so it may work for me). Just looking for someones else take on it.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doug C
Anyone have the Men's Corps Jacket (army looking jacket)? I usually take a large in stuff but only Mediums are left.... but one of the reviewer hints that they fit big (so it may work for me). Just looking for someones else take on it.

I usually wear large and it fit me big (and too long for my tastes).

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Return 'em. LEC's return policy is the best I've

That works even better. I didn't know if they have a day-limit for returns or allow items to be returned ,used, for a full refund.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
That works even better. I didn't know if they have a day-limit for returns or allow items to be returned ,used, for a full refund.
No time limit. You don't even need the receipt they send (I emailed them and they sent me an email printout of the order). I feel bad in a way because I've returned a lot of stuff (I get suckered in by the good prices, but their sizing just doesn't work for me except for some sweaters and of course accessories), but the policy rocks. Be aware that it takes a while for them to issue the refund (i.e. takes close to a month and a bit for me returning from Canada).

pneumo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbrad
Crap! I'm 5'8" and those sleeves are going to be way long on my arms (typical 32-33"). I'm hoping it's just the angle -- how is the drape when you have your hands down flat against your sides?

Personally, I prefer a more traditional length blazer (might be a little short on you), though I know it's the modern thing right now. I do agree about the chest -- since you've got a long torso the vintage-slim tapering does make the chest look a bit weird as the taper should be hitting lower down. Not a terrible fit (looks better unbuttoned), just something off about it. I'm not an expert.

Also, where's your shirt from?

yeah, I think the sleeves will prolly be pretty long on you...
uhoh.gif
the sleeve length is about the same as in the pics with my arms at my side, hits right at my wrist.
thanks for the comments! I'll just leave it unbuttoned. the taper is kinda weird on me, but oh well...since the price is so good, I can't really complain.
and the shirt is from J. Crew...it was $14 in the store during their christmas sales!
biggrin.gif

WildPegasus

Reaction score
Can you return their stuff to Sears stores in Canada? I talked with a rep that said I could but I didn't feel confident that she wasn't assuming it since you can do it in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads