• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Islander

Reaction score
Great job on this Z, and good luck to all. Unfortunately for me it looks like standard sizing will not work, oh how I wish I'd found Inverallan before they quit MTM. I'm sure everyone's seen this, but here's the Rakuten size chart for the 3A (in cm) and my conversion to inches: Size.....Sleeve.......Chest circ.....Body length 38.....82 (32.2)....113 (44.5)....66 (26.0) 40.....85 (33.5)....116 (45.6)....68 (26.8) 42.....89 (35.0)....120 (47.2)....72 (28.3) 44.....93 (36.6)....124 (48.8)....72 (28.3) Their chest measurement does not really compute (they provide chest "circumference" not pit-to-pit) so take it with a grain of salt. According to this the sleeves and body will be too short for me (I would need at least +1" in each) but if anyone thinks it's way off let me know. Guess I should just be grateful that SNS fits us tall guys so well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^I wouldn't rely on those specs, they knit true to size

40 = 20" p2p

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^I wouldn't rely on those specs, they knit true to size

40 = 20" p2p

If you're ordering, be prepared for some variation. I have a size 38 that measures closer to 40 in the chest, and a 40 that measures exactly 40. I believe there was a thread last year in which someone who ordered a 38 was selling it because it measured 41 in the chest.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^I wouldn't rely on those specs, they knit true to size 40 = 20" p2p
Agreed. The 38 that I recently ordered was 38" in the chest, and therefore much too small on me. Islander- it's probably reasonable to assume that a sweater would stretch 1" in length when worn. Of course, there will be some variation on something that is knitted by hand by individuals in their respective homes. But, I would aim for them being true to size.
Originally Posted by Islander
The blue tweed on page 1 is sick, someone get it.
It's one of eight colors between which I'm trying to decide.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou

It's one of eight colors between which I'm trying to decide.

Holy crap, one of eight?! How many are you going with?

Sorry for the delayed PM, bro. I'm having a hard time with my 3 as well.
frown.gif
Will definitely not miss this boat though.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll only get 1 or 2 sweaters, but choosing the colors has been a challenge. I weed out a couple of colors every day...

Islander

Reaction score
Islander- it's probably reasonable to assume that a sweater would stretch 1" in length when worn.

Thanks Z, but I had already factored in a reasonable stretch factor... trust me, I would like to go for it but I'm sure the body and sleeves will be too short. I'm a fairly well-proportioned 6'5" or so and it's pretty tough finding knits that fit. Good luck to you all, I can't wait to see the pics. Gonna be epic.

And to think only six months ago I could have had MTM Inverallan...
frown.gif

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, you could always save up for when zissou does a 6a group order, hint hint.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^this will most likely be a one time thing. Plus, large orders are placed only once each year.

I see, Islander. I am 6'2" and am borderline for a sweater like this, so I understand your difficulty. Yes, the loss of the MTM program is sad, but this is the next best option.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll only get 1 or 2 sweaters, but choosing the colors has been a challenge. I weed out a couple of colors every day...

This is where I'm at. All eyes on tweed for me with a third option in a regular non-tweed yarn just in case if that's cool haha.

Zissou, the organization and initiation for getting this started here is outstanding and generous my man. I was actually going to start asking some of the mods if we could get something like this started and here you come along getting it done. Well done and much appreciated. I am so in on this, just need to pick the color(s).

cold war painter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
the organization and initiation for getting this started here is outstanding and generous

+1

I was searching for examples of the Aran tweeds made up into garments and yarn 1745 led me to a blog post about the yarn factory. It's a bit breathless but an interesting read I think. Yarn 1745 itself is looking pretty good there.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The hardest part was finding a shop to work with, so I am glad it is working out. Thanks for sharing that blog link, CWP. It's very interesting. Just a note to everyone: Please don't ask me about sizing advice or for help with choosing colors. Everything I know is in this thread, and it seems your best bet is to go true to size with the realization that there might be some variation because it is a hand knitted cardigan. Do your best, and if for some reason the cardigan doesn't fit, then pass it along to someone else.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey just FYI ... the inventory version of the 3a is in oatmeal and apparently they added length in arm and body to better hit more people in the general market. so if you like the oatmeal color that is an option, although their price is higher (as is with most of their goods) than what zissou is offering here so be warned

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaMicallef