1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jan 21, 2011.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

***Ordering is now closed***

OK, I have some good news to share with you!

I've set up a group order of the Inverallan 3A (Lumber cardigan).
    READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
    (please do not ask me about other models. It is only the 3A)

Look at how happy this guy is to have his 3A.
    [​IMG]

Sizing:
    You can order them in any standard size (even chest sizes, and this is not MTM). Please do not ask me about measurements- your best bet is to search the web. Hand knitting often results in slight variations, anyway (i.e., whining about half an inch is NOT allowed!). The most advice I can give you is that the sizes are the actual chest measurement (will fit slightly slimmer even, since they are thick) and they are pleasantly slim overall (no huge arms like on a typical cheap Aran). I think these look best slightly oversized anyway... I have also heard that they stretch over time, but they are generally a tight, heavy knit. I do not own an Inverallan knit, so I cannot tell you how much they stretch.

Color:
    Here's the best part. You can order any Inverallan color you want. If it is an uncommon color, I cannot guarantee availability and the best thing to do is send me the link to a photo of an Inverallan knit in the color you want. I'll see if they can send me a photo of a swatch card that I can post on here. They will have the standard round wooden buttons.

Ordering:
    The total price will be 175GBP shipped (currently ~USD$280) if you are outside the EU/UK and 215GBP shipped (currently ~USD$345), including VAT. Prices increase 20% for sizes above 42 due to added yarn requirements.

If you would like to order, you need to PM me the following info by 12:00midnight (your time) Saturday, January 29, 2011:
    ***Please don't send me this information until you have decided on your size, color, and are ready to pay the deposit***
    Full name
    Mailing address
    (write it all in one line)
    Phone number
    Email address
    paypal address
    (a non-refundable deposit of 50GBP (USD$80) is required- I will pass your deposit on with your order)
    size
    color
    (with second color choice if your first choice is a tweed)

The orders will be placed the following week. It takes nine months to receive the sweaters, so keep that in mind. The balance will be due once the cardigans are received at the shop.

FYI: Please do not ask me about deviations from anything above, or I will ignore the question. For instance, if you want different buttons, you have to change them yourself once you receive the sweater. The price listed here is the actual price, and you will make the final purchase through the shop with which I am organizing this order. I am not making any money from this, or even getting a reduced price on my cardigan. I'm doing this out of the kindness of my heart.

1 person likes this.
  2. zissou

zissou Senior member

Update 2/15: Apparently, only the regular Inverallan colors are available. You have to choose from the following swatch card. [​IMG] Colors so far. let me know if you have a link to any others. Natural, Black, and Navy [​IMG] Navy [​IMG] Grey [​IMG] [​IMG] Charcoal [​IMG] Charcoal et al. [​IMG] Oatmeal [​IMG] Maroon [​IMG] Plum [​IMG] Forest Green [​IMG] Brown [​IMG] Red [​IMG] Royal Blue [​IMG] Purple! [​IMG] TWEEDS You can choose any of the tweeds from Donegal yarns and Inverallan will do their best to match them. It should not be difficiult if you give me the color number from the Donegal Yarns website. You have to give me a second color choice if your first choice is a tweed! Aran Tweeds- see swatches here You need to click on the swatch and give me the number! Celtic Tweeds- see swatches hereYou need to click on the swatch and give me the number! 'Clerical' grey tweed [​IMG] Blue(?) tweed [​IMG] Light Brown tweed (I think it's called 'Gritstone') [​IMG]

3. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

zissou is a man of the people

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^Man of the people? With a non-refundable deposit clause? I say he's a filthy capitalist masquerading as a 19th century sailor.

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Man of the people? With a non-refundable deposit clause? I say he's a filthy capitalist masquerading as a 19th century sailor.

You did not read the FYI clause at the end. No sweater for you!

6. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Cool might get in on this. Need to do my research on siZing. Just tts?

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Quite TTS, I would say. I have a 39" chest and recently ordered a size 38 6A cardigan. It was really tight and short on me with an OCBD underneath. I just might go with a 42 this time, but at least a 40.

8. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I'm in.

Can we email Inverallan directly for standard sizing questions, because they're standard chart is no longer accessible?

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

You can try, but your best bet is to search the web. Exact measurements aren't going to be that useful for heavy, hand-knit sweaters, though.

10. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

11. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Nine months!!

just in time for the next f/w season!! [​IMG]

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Exactly! Oct/Nov.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

You did not read the FYI clause at the end. No sweater for you!
    You totally WILL make money though if someone puts in a deposit and then backs out. I was just messin' though. I have this sweater model, not the cable knit but the same cut / style / buttons etc. It fits me very slim, the length is perfect but the arms aren't as long as I'd like.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Care to share the size compared to your chest size? I'll pass the deposits along with the orders in a week or so, so the shop wins if someone backs out [​IMG]

15. cr1234

cr1234 Senior member

Do you know when the shop will want the money? Will it be as soon as the order's placed?

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^Care to share the size compared to your chest size?

I'll pass the deposits along with the orders in a week or so, so the shop wins if someone backs out [​IMG]

I don't even think there is a size tagged on it but I'll have a look when I get home.

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Oh, you're right. There are no size tags, as far as I remember.

Do you know when the shop will want the money? Will it be as soon as the order's placed?
    They'll want the balance when the cardigan arrives in shop in Oct/Nov. Plenty of time to save up [​IMG]

18. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Since this has been allowed outside F&S and that man looks very happy with his knit, I assume this is quite a good offer. Could someone explain what makes this great?

19. zissou

zissou Senior member

Just about the only other place to get this cardigan in this assortment of colors is in Japan, where they are $500-600. Inverallan makes very solid handmade wool knits.

20. cr1234

cr1234 Senior member

They'll want the balance when the cardigan arrives in shop in Oct/Nov. Plenty of time to save up [​IMG]

Oh, awesome! Made a note on my calendar to remind me before next weekend.