1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jan 21, 2011.

1. the_state

the_state Senior member

I'm lazy. Can someone please summarize? What are the benefits of the group order vs. direct from Inverallan?

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

You can't order direct from Inverallan anymore.
    No, it's cool and you're right, it is still a deal when compared to the Rakuten shops. I just want the deal that everybody else on SF is getting. [​IMG] It's just frustrating when you make the effort to take care of yourself by staying in shape, eating well, etc., but still feel like you're getting stuck with the fat man's tax. By the way, is Inventory the shop you're working with? I'm debating between the light brown tweed (Gritstone?) and just breaking down and getting the Oatmeal one at Inventory. One I can get in 9 months and the other I can get in 9 days.
    I can understand your frustration. It is not Inventory, but you should honestly order from them if that's your preference. Like I said, I am not making anything at all from doing this, so my feelings would not be hurt int he slightest. Plus, Inventory is a great group of guys.
    Thanks for organizing this, Mark. [​IMG]
    My pleasure!

3. the_state

the_state Senior member

How much do they cost? Current wait time is confirmed at 9 months?

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Everything you need to know is in the first two posts of this thread.

5. the_state

the_state Senior member

So 175GBP shipped to nyc?

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Dude. The total price will be 175GBP shipped (currently ~USD$280) if you are outside the EU/UK

7. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

^^ [​IMG] that's being way too nice for SF

8. jet

jet Senior member

9. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

NYC? there is a 30% upcharge and 2 month additional wait for all NY orders. Shipping is $45 via media mail

10. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

I'm having a hard time picking out a color. Would love a blue donegal tweed with a little flecks of color, similar to MMM cardigan but I already have one in solid navy. Maybe a teal? [​IMG]

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

^I would like to see a bright color on you. I am going to wimp out and go bland (masquerading as 'masculine'), so I need to live vicariously through someone. Looks like you're it.
    NYC? there is a 30% upcharge and 2 month additional wait for all NY orders. Shipping is $45 via media mail
    hahaha. Well, NYC is in the EU, isn't it??

12. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

sorry if this is a stupid question but standard sizes are just 36 38 40 42 etc. right, or can we do odd numbers because ideally id go for a 37

13. 510kut

510kut Senior member

CLERLGAL = Clerical Tweed?

14. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I'm having a hard time picking out a color. Would love a blue donegal tweed with a little flecks of color, similar to MMM cardigan but I already have one in solid navy. Maybe a teal?

[​IMG]

If I decide to order one I am definitely going with a teal color. Either the 4847 in aran tweed or 7012 in the celtic tweed. Leaning towards the aran

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

sorry if this is a stupid question but standard sizes are just 36 38 40 42 etc. right, or can we do odd numbers because ideally id go for a 37
    Only even chest sizes.

CLERLGAL = Clerical Tweed?
    Looks like it.

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Nice thread and great initiative.

I didn't realize the Inventory ones were spec'd with longer sleeves... Is that confirmed ?? Because I have the oatmeal from inventory and the sleeves are short as hell - I cannot possibly fathom the same cardigan with shorter sleeves... [​IMG]

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

I would not say the sleeves are particularly short on a typical Inverallan, but they are certainly not long. The 38 I had came up about 2-3" too short in the sleeves, which wasn't bad considering it was skin tight on me. Plus, I am tall and thin.

18. Islander

Islander Senior member

Definitely report back on the 44 fit though; I'd like to hear your input.
    I dropped in to look at the Inventory collab, the oatmeal colour actually looked OK but I didn't try it on; to be honest I was totally distracted by a Stark in Olde Green that fit me perfectly [​IMG] The guys there are super nice though, if you have any questions about their Inverallan stock I would just call them and they will help you out with measurements. The colour options are definitely appealing if you can get your size in this group order though.

19. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I dropped in to look at the Inventory collab, the oatmeal colour actually looked OK but I didn't try it on; to be honest I was totally distracted by a Stark in Olde Green that fit me perfectly [​IMG]

The guys there are super nice though, if you have any questions about their Inverallan stock I would just call them and they will help you out with measurements. The colour options are definitely appealing if you can get your size in this group order though.

[​IMG]

Way to contribute to sizing help.

20. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

[​IMG]

Now you get your ass back there and you try on that fuckin' sweater!

(Too much Billy Madison?)

Actually, I would be curious to know which size Stark you tried on if you've got a 44 chest. I went with an XL but am wondering if I could've sized down to a large.

Seriously though, if you do go back there, try the Inverallan on. I'm starting to wonder about the sleeve length now too. The Stark sleeves in an XL are almost too long for me (I have to cuff them) but I'd rather have them be too long than too short.