1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jan 21, 2011.

1. gululv

gululv Senior member

VAT means tax? For non-EU buyers?
    The burgundy one looks fantastic. I might be interested.

2. Eccles

Eccles Member

I managed to order an aran from Inverallan and was very pleased with the experience

the wait is worth it

amazing to think a single person knits every one

over 90 hours of knitting

i believe they also offer different yarns for example i chose a tweed wool

is that possible for this order zissou?

3. jet

jet Senior member

^Man of the people? With a non-refundable deposit clause? I say he's a filthy capitalist masquerading as a 19th century sailor.

[​IMG]

4. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

also wondering the same thing...

JohnnyLaw posted this in the old thread, was wondering if we could pick from it?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from this post

5. Chip

Chip Senior member

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Zissou - you're probably going to get mad for this question...but where is the link to the sizes and measurements? I did a quick Google search, but the results were from sites not in English. I see measurements of chest sizes, but would love to know the other measurements such as pit to pit and pit to sleeve.

The pics remind me of the small run sweaters 4HM had that I missed out on.

I'm in it for sure. You probably need to remind me in 8-9 months to pay the remaining balance though since I may not remember, haha.

Looking at the various pictures....I'm down to either the vibrant royal blue or one of the boring earth tone colors.

7. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

http://www.donegalyarns.com/

good catch, it appears the numbers match up...but the question remains

i was at a beams in tokyo last month and they had a bunch of tweed flecked inverallan cardigans and i was curious if those would be offered as an option in this group buy

(kelvinsense's/driveslowk's inverallancardigan for sale keeps my hopes up that it could be considered an option for "any inverallan color you want")

zissou, thanks for putting this together!

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

VAT means tax? For non-EU buyers?
    The burgundy one looks fantastic. I might be interested.

Value Added Tax = 20% I believe for just UK. Or, do EU buyers have to pay VAT when ordering from the UK?

also wondering the same thing...
    I don't see why not if those are from Inverallan. It's hard to tell exactly what some of those colors are, though, so it would be a bit of a crapshoot. Again, your best bet would be finding a photo of an Inverallan sweater in one of the tweeds for a better idea. Definitely give me a second choice on the tweeds. I will add those photos to the second post, along with photos of whatever tweed cardigans I find. Feel free to help [​IMG]

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

good catch, it appears the numbers match up...
    Good eye. All I can say is that I will do my best to find out if they are available. Definitely look at the swatches on the Donegal Yarns site rather than the yarn cards. And, definitely give me a second choice. Damn, you guys are making this complicated [​IMG] EDIT: I am going to take down the photos of the yarn cards and just refer people to the Donegal yarns site since the photos are so much better.

11. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

Hmm color 4847 is looking mighty nice, will definitely think about this and let you know.

12. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

Good eye. All I can say is that I will do my best to find out if they are available. Definitely look at the swatches on the Donegal Yarns site rather than the yarn cards. And, definitely give me a second choice. Damn, you guys are making this complicated [​IMG] EDIT: I am going to take down the photos of the yarn cards and just refer people to the Donegal yarns site since the photos are so much better.
    I didn't mean to make things difficult! You're a saint, zissou. I really shouldn't have taken a swatch from the original thread to mean that they had the tweeds--it may have been a suggestion. I PM'ed JohnnyLaw to ask if Inverallan indeed pointed him in that direction. Maybe people should hold off on requesting the tweeds until we get some sort of confirmation just so we don't get anyone's hopes up--I'll post if I get a response (inverallan may also be able to answer this question for us) Not to get people even more excited, but driveslowk has a great tweed inverallan cardigan up for sale...this is obviously from when they were doing custom orders, so the offerings may have changed (but still, I'm stoked about the tweed possibility). I'm just saying (and feel free to chime in, kelvinsense/driveslowk) This thread really got me excited. Thanks again, zissou.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Zissou- pardon my cluttering of the thread. I thought this may be helpful to those who are not familiar with the brand (like me). I found the following info from an eBay auction.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks, guys. To be honest, I am excited about the tweeds myself. I have an email in to see if they are indeed available, so keep them in mind. Now, of course, you have me thinking that I should order one solid, and one tweed...

Correction: I know the solid color I want, but I have narrowed it down to seven of the tweeds :\\

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Value Added Tax = 20% I believe for just UK. Or, do EU buyers have to pay VAT when ordering from the UK?

VAT applies to all EU buyers

16. robbie

robbie Senior member

I can't be in on this (obviously), but just adding it to my Svpply gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Very cool of you to organize this zissou, this cardigan is gonna look great pair with your Roy's the last 2-3 months of the contest.

17. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Sizing question: I am just under 6'0", 145lbs. I generally wear a 36 regular in sportcoats (although I do have a sportcoat that is a 38 that fits decently) and a small across the board. Would I be a 36 in one of these cardi's or a 38?

18. randomkoreandude

id say 36

im a small across the board and got last year's inventory stockroom edition in a small/36 and it actually stretched a little. kind of weird but this year, inventory's small is a 38. not sure why they changed but yeah id say your a 36

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

id say 36

im a small across the board and got last year's inventory stockroom edition in a small/36 and it actually stretched a little. kind of weird but this year, inventory's small is a 38. not sure why they changed but yeah id say your a 36

RKD, what's your height and weight?

Would love it if you can post a fit pic of your size 36 up along with actual measurements, bro. [​IMG]

20. randomkoreandude

sure ill find a pic somewhere. in the other official "inverallan" thread there should be a pic but its probably far away/dark lol

i know for sure that pit to pit on the 36 is 18 across or 18.5 if its slightly stretched

i'm 5'7/8ish and 135-140 lbs. i wear a small in all brands from epaulet, wvg, sns herning w+h, gitman vintage with the exception of WWM and EG where im an XS (but they are known for their more boxy fits)