• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Friends & Family time. I have a 40% off code (+ free shipping over $150) for Nau. If you're serious about a purchase, PM me. I prefer not to post it directly.

untungl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
^Def don't size up. I think M will work for you.

It just arrived and yeah, sizing up woulda been a mistake! I can pretty easily put on a thick wool sweater underneath, probably two. But I guess that's also a characteristic of the down layer.

Very impressed though! We'll see how well it performs when I put it through its paces

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Vice Blazer? I'm curious how the Small fits. I tried a Riding Jacket in Small and it was a bit large for me all around. I'm hoping this fits just a tad smaller than the riding jacket, because it just might work for me.

kayaker

Reaction score
I just ask because, typically more technical/stylish jackets like Aether and Arcteryx Valence have Gore-Tex or Scholler fabrics. These seem to be Japanese imports. While they undoubtedly make great fabrics, can you speak to how waterproof/breathable these are?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^You should spend a little time reading on the site, there's a lot to learn.

Gore-Tex is all made in Japan, as is some Scholler. Though those companies are not Asian, 90+% of technical outerwear materials and production is centered in Asia. Every major brand manufacturers in a relatively small group of factories, and shares materials research among a small group of highly specialized companies.

Becks23

Reaction score
Schoeller is Swiss-made isn't it?

No way GORE-TEX is made entirely in Japan. I doubt even Diaplex from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is made domestically in Japan.

Waterproof-wise, they are all quite reliable.

You have materials such as GORE-TEX and eVent which are static in their breathability and then you have materials such as Schoeller c_change and Diaplex which can become more/less breathable dependent on ambient body temperatures. If you're cool, the "pores close" and if you're warm, vice versa. Think pinecone.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
^Def don't size up. I think M will work for you.

Anybody know if a small would fit some body who is 5'9 and 145 pounds. Would like it a little slimming and not baggy. How does the rheostat compare to CG jackets? Thanks

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Nau Urbane jacket. Can't decide between these four colors. Tough call. Opinions?

naui.jpg

Epaulet also has an exclusive blue heathered version:

5023552544_45a954295f_b.jpg

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrad
Just picked up the Riding Jacket, but wished they would have made the inner pocket larger.
But besides that I am pretty happy with it (not a big fan of the zipper).
All in all I really like there products

How was the fit? I am usually a small on Nau but with fitted, I can't tell. Also I hate having to commit to either having a proper fit and only being able to have one baselayer or sizing up which will support a midlayer but will be loose/baggy the rest of the time.

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Can anyone comment on the fit of some of their newer stuff? I bought a riding jacket in small on ebay and it ended up feeling closer to a medium. The binary jacket and some of the other blazers look pretty nice, but it would suck if they're still a little bigger on me.

Fit on Nau is always slim/flattering/fitted, even items that don't say fitted. They are not fitted like SuFu Wings + Horn hoody style but definitely more-so than say a Nike hoody. The items that actually are labeled as fitted are even more so. I think their size charts are spot on. Also, for their jackets, they tend to make the sleeves a bit longer to cover your wrist, tops of hands.

Originally Posted by xplorer
how's the modus trench as a winter coat in sub zero temperature (Canada) with snow? is it a heavy coat that you can layer a sweater/sport jacket under it? i wish Nau would ship to Canada or better yet, open up a retail store here.

Originally Posted by blynch
anyone have the modus trench? I'm wondering how warm it is.

I haven't been to 0 degree Canada but I wore it earlier this month in NYC where it was rainy and cold (about 45 degrees F). It was perfect. The inside is lined and the outside keeps you really warm. They even have closures up the neck so you are really covered. The wrist adjustment is genius. It seriously is the best I've seen. Lots of random pockets. Riri main zipper. You read that right - Riri. Detachable hoody. Best part is it dries completely in a few minutes, no lie.

Originally Posted by Jl24
Which do you guys think would be better for a dinner date on a cold rainy night- binary jacket or Shroud of Purrin blazer?

Shroud of Purrin blazer, hands down.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I'm looking at the Nau Urbane jacket. Can't decide between these four colors. Tough call. Opinions?

naui.jpg

Epaulet also has an exclusive blue heathered version:

5023552544_45a954295f_b.jpg

Get the blue heathered. I have one and love the color, wear it with anything. Appears gray sometimes but it is most definitely an interesting blue. You will not be disappointed, I get compliments full time and it is very windproof for biking.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeeeeeees