Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ahjota, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Just picked up the Succinct trench in carbon. Wore it to work two days ago and through two thunderstorms. Not bad.

2. Selvish

Selvish Member

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^Don't own, but it seems like a update/upgrade over the Blazing, which was already a pretty strong offering in waterproof/breathable down. (I tested the Blazing, but didn't have one. I loved it).

Opinions seem split on offset zippers like that, but I like the look. Pieces like this are where Nau really shines.

4. irbe

irbe Senior member

Good call.

I think the Profile is one of the most versatile fleece pieces, and is pretty wind resistant thanks it tight weave and smooth face. Like all the Nau stuff, it doesn't scream "outdoor tech" so it works well in urban settings too. Shroud of Purrin looks more like tech outerwear, but is super warm, and more weatherproof--good in everything short of full on rain/snow storms.

And....

Perhaps the single best thing they make, IMO. Ultralight, super warm, and one of the best looking "puffies" out there. Their down is high quality so they don't have to overstuff it to have be really warm, and as such it still fits trim and looks great. Work as outerlayer or underneath something more burly when the weather is really shitty.

Anybody know what kinda of temperature the down vest / shirt can take? In canada and thinking of grabbing one vest as a layering peice.

5. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^ That's kind of up to you, isn't it? Particularly if you're layering. Someone's 40-deg layer could be someone else's 25-deg layer.

6. Bingo!

Bingo! Member

Any reviews on the down scarf? Im considering buying one as a gift

7. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Any reviews on the down scarf? Im considering buying one as a gift
    its a scarf man! made out of poly. it looks awkward...

8. Selvish

Selvish Member

^Don't own, but it seems like a update/upgrade over the Blazing, which was already a pretty strong offering in waterproof/breathable down. (I tested the Blazing, but didn't have one. I loved it).

Opinions seem split on offset zippers like that, but I like the look. Pieces like this are where Nau really shines.

Any idea on sizing? I'm 6-1" about 200lbs, athletic build.

Large?

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Check that out. Rheostat jacket. [​IMG] On a side note, while I like how my Loose But Not Slutty's have faded, I sometimes wish they hadn't. Great indigo color.

10. Selvish

Selvish Member

Yeah I've seen that image. Like the jacket but not too sure on the green, so it would be the black one for me if any. Problem is, some images I've seen of the black, make it look a bit like a nondescript black blob due to the minimalist look and lack of obvious details. Just not sure.

11. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

its a scarf man! made out of poly. it looks awkward...
    Cool for ladies. Looks off on dudes.
    Any idea on sizing? I'm 6-1" about 200lbs, athletic build. Large?
    I'm 6'3"/180, fit but w/out broad shoulders. I wear a large in almost all their outerwear and it fits very well. Trim, but with room enough for some layering. I can size down on the down (har har) but then it's pretty close fitting. At 200, I think a medium would be too snug in the chest/shoulders, though unless you have longer arms, the arm will be long on you. They are long on me, and I take true 36 in dress shirt length.

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Yeah I've seen that image. Like the jacket but not too sure on the green, so it would be the black one for me if any. Problem is, some images I've seen of the black, make it look a bit like a nondescript black blob due to the minimalist look and lack of obvious details. Just not sure.

Well, that's what you get with most down coats. [​IMG] Go and buy it online. Customer service is really good about returns. They'll also probably figure out your sizing for you.

13. untungl

untungl Well-Known Member

I'm 6'3"/180, fit but w/out broad shoulders. I wear a large in almost all their outerwear and it fits very well. Trim, but with room enough for some layering. I can size down on the down (har har) but then it's pretty close fitting. At 200, I think a medium would be too snug in the chest/shoulders, though unless you have longer arms, the arm will be long on you. They are long on me, and I take true 36 in dress shirt length.

Hmm.. I'm 5'11, 170 and I ordered a medium rheostat. I doubt I'd have to size up to a large, but we'll see.

14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^Def don't size up. I think M will work for you.

15. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Cool for ladies. Looks off on dudes.

cool, thanks.