Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ahjota, Oct 21, 2008.

1. rdev

rdev Well-Known Member

On my first look at the new arrivals, I was thinking that I could skip them. But I'm now rethinking the dualist jacket. I've been doing some hiking, and having wind/rain resistance on my front but open under the arms and back sounds pretty good. It seems like a piece that could replace my wool hoody and wind shirt. I see a few people praising it in the earlier posts, which is a bit reassuring.

2. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

[​IMG] Kinda feeling their down shirt.

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I'm thinking of getting a Nau jacket to replace a North Face jacket that I have that "everyone and their mom" has. Which one is nice and warm?
    Good call.
    Guessing you're replacing a Denali fleece? Try the Profile Fleece jacket or the Dualist jacket. Alternately, any of the Shroud of Purrin pieces, or even the Down shirt.
    I think the Profile is one of the most versatile fleece pieces, and is pretty wind resistant thanks it tight weave and smooth face. Like all the Nau stuff, it doesn't scream "outdoor tech" so it works well in urban settings too. Shroud of Purrin looks more like tech outerwear, but is super warm, and more weatherproof--good in everything short of full on rain/snow storms. And....
    [​IMG] Kinda feeling their down shirt.
    Perhaps the single best thing they make, IMO. Ultralight, super warm, and one of the best looking "puffies" out there. Their down is high quality so they don't have to overstuff it to have be really warm, and as such it still fits trim and looks great. Work as outerlayer or underneath something more burly when the weather is really shitty.

4. jrad

jrad New Member

Just picked up the Riding Jacket, but wished they would have made the inner pocket larger.
    But besides that I am pretty happy with it (not a big fan of the zipper).
    All in all I really like there products

5. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Can anyone comment on the fit of some of their newer stuff? I bought a riding jacket in small on ebay and it ended up feeling closer to a medium. The binary jacket and some of the other blazers look pretty nice, but it would suck if they're still a little bigger on me.

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Nau will be back in NYC w/ a pop-up this fall, at 25 Crosby St., starting Friday.

Info here.

7. xplorer

xplorer Member

how's the modus trench as a winter coat in sub zero temperature (Canada) with snow? is it a heavy coat that you can layer a sweater/sport jacket under it? i wish Nau would ship to Canada or better yet, open up a retail store here.

8. asoong

asoong New Member

Just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say that I bought the Asylum last year and it is amazing. I went snowboarding on a rainy day and I came out completely dry. The hidden zippers are also slick touch.

9. Jl24

Jl24 Senior member

Which do you guys think would be better for a dinner date on a cold rainy night- binary jacket or Shroud of Purrin blazer?

10. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

Does anyone have experience with the Motil backpack? I've been riding my bike more and my messenger's not really cutting it; plus, it kills my back once it gets past a certain weight. I like the look of this backpack, but I'm curious as to how practical it is for everyday/occasional overnight situations. Will it carry a coffee tumbler, lunch, gym clothes (not sneakers), a book, maybe a light sweater? It's hard to tell from the photos what it will hold and how it will hold up when full, and I haven't been able to see it in person yet. Any thoughts appreciated.

11. irbe

irbe Senior member

[​IMG]

Anybody know if the vest is coming out?

12. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Hey guys, I am glad I stumbled across this thread again. I am a huge fan of Nau, even before they went "radio silent" for a while. They were subsequently purchased by a local (Santa Barbara) company called Horny Toad. I am loving their new FW line and was sent a few pieces to try out. I can help comment on build, fit questions, etc if you need. Disclaimer: I do not represent the brand but I do work with their PR company and I am reviewing some products. I will be going to NY next week and will give the Modus Trench, BS Long Sleeve Snap, Flip Scarf, and Fluent Stash a workout. In general I think items fit true to size, meaning if you follow their guidelines, it'll be a proper fit. They specify when it's a more "fitted" or "slim" fit. Also, for their jackets, they sometimes make the sleeves a bit longer because they want the end of it to cover half your hand for the cold. I know I have a jacket from a few seasons ago that is this way; it has thumbholes too. The items I am really digging right now are the Down Shirt and all the Shroud of Purrin offerings.

13. rdev

rdev Well-Known Member

The vest is part of the Binary Jacket. It doesn't look like they'll sell it separately.

14. that_was_easy

that_was_easy Senior member

For me, the Motil sometimes looks small, somtimes the opposite. Lately, after seeing a few more pictures of it in different settings, I've been struck by how much larger it appears in relation to it's product page on Nau's website. I imagine all the stuff you mentioned would fit nicely, if I had to guess.

They also have a fairly generous return policy, imo.

15. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Not the greatest but there's a coupon code (OMFGCO) out right now good for 10% off your order. A second 10% is donated to p:ear