• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A&S

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
sarkozy276.jpg
L to R: QE2->German/Scottish, FrenchyPM->Hungarian/Greek, Hottie->Italian/Brazilian (not that Brazilian narrows things down), Harrumpher->Greek/Danish. Overall, in this group of four: very little Anglo-Saxon or French blood, unless we look past to the Beefeaters. - B

See how she's looking at old Phil and not Nick..? ...she's planing to boot Liz outta Buck house and to move in with Phil. She's a wily one... Oh, and you do realise that Germany only came into existence in 1871? George I was the Elector of Hanover.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Oh, and you do realise that Germany only came into existence in 1871?

George I was the Elector of Hanover.

Ten years after the Italians.

Only a few countries have been intact and around as long as the United States of America. This is because we know what we are doing.

- B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ten years after the Italians. Only a few countries have been intact and around as long as the United States of America. This is because we know what we are doing. - B
I sleep safe in my bed knowing that Uncle Sam has things firmly under control.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep on forgetting that Cameron is your PM. I bet that you wish that you had my problem. - B
...doesn't really matter who's in the big house, the games up.
laugh.gif

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sarkozy276.jpg

L to R: QE2->German/Scottish, FrenchyPM->Hungarian/Greek, Hottie->Italian/Brazilian (not that Brazilian narrows things down), Harrumpher->Greek/Danish.

Overall, in this group of four: very little Anglo-Saxon or French blood, unless we look past to the Beefeaters.

- B

At the risk of being even more politically incorrect, all of the above are European, and dare
I say, Christian, except Sarkozy, who has some Jewish forbearers. The extensive press coverage
of the problem of integrating non European, particularly Muslim, immigrant populations in France,
the UK, Germany, Scandanavia, the Netherlands, Italy Spain, etc., into societies which heretofore
had little immigration gives the lie to the the idea of heterogeneous ethnic harmony in Western Europe.
It's actually a crisis that is awakening the dormant fascistic tendencies, in these host
countries. Even the US with a long history of immigration and an ethos as a self-described
"country of immigrants" is experiencing a negative political reaction on the Right to the
influx of immigrants, largely from Latin America, and therefore "European"and "Christian"
and more easily integrated into the existing society.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
George my boy ,our nations are too skint to develop their own little nukes ...

We're in second division..

I think our boys in the UK armed services will be champing at the bit.
Just think; two hour lunch breaks (with a marked improvement in ration packs), shorter working week with better union representation, more time off for looking at french por...sorry arthouse cinema and discussing existential philosophy.

The Pièce de rÃ
00a9.png
sistance? The ability to strike willy nilly because someone looked at you "a bit funny".

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
At the risk of being even more politically incorrect, all of the above are European, and dare
I say, Christian, except Sarkozy, who has some Jewish forbearers. The extensive press coverage
of the problem of integrating non European, particularly Muslim, immigrant populations in France,
the UK, Germany, Scandanavia, the Netherlands, Italy Spain, etc., into societies which heretofore
had little immigration gives the lie to the the idea of heterogeneous ethnic harmony in Western Europe.
It's actually a crisis that is awakening the dormant fascistic tendencies, in these host
countries. Even the US with a long history of immigration and an ethos as a self-described
"country of immigrants" is experiencing a negative political reaction on the Right to the
influx of immigrants, largely from Latin America, and therefore "European"and "Christian"

3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

Frog in Suit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade

Before we begin to panic, we might want to note that before WWII, there were anti-immigrants (Italian workers) riots in the south of France ("They are taking our jobs from us..."). Now there are many Italian surnames in France and no-one bats an eye. Later came waves of Spaniards and Portuguese. Many Poles came to work in the mines between the wars. Does anyone notice when they see that a Mr. or Ms. Gonzalez or Santos is their banker or insurance agent? Of course not. I would bet that in one, or two, generations at most, the same will happen to North Africans. As a matter of fact, it is happening already.
The difficulty now is mostly with young people, who have no real tie to the "Old Country" (they probably do not speak the language and might never have set foot there) who are still perceived as "foreign". The fact that the educational system, by and large, has failed them as a group, and that urban planning, or rather lack thereof, has consigned to "ghettoes" makes their integration more difficult. The overwhelming majority only wants what they see as "the Good Life" of the native middle class. They will grow into adults, and provided there are enough jobs, they will settle down, intermarry and no one will remember that they were once thought of as "dangerous" or strange.
Somebody said that the French language is derived from late, vulgar, Latin, spoken with a Germanic accent. All European countries, to some extent, are the product of many waves of immigration. I do not mean to deny that the transition to integration is an uncomfortable process for all, but let us keep a historical perspective.
To go back to tailoring, SR suits have long been made by immigrants: the Meyers, Schweitzers etc... of Brummell's days (and those already were established, with their own firms) were replaced by waves of immigrants from continental Europe, following upheavals and revolutions, the there were eastern and central European Jews in the late XIXth C, etc...Nowadays, it is a rare SR workshop which does not have at least some workers of Caribbean or African, or Asian origin.
Are we not moving too far from the subject of this thread?
Frog in Suit

Frog in Suit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infrasonic
I think our boys in the UK armed services will be champing at the bit.
Just think; two hour lunch breaks (with a marked improvement in ration packs), shorter working week with better union representation, more time off for looking at french por...sorry arthouse cinema and discussing existential philosophy.

The Pièce de rÃ
00a9.png
sistance? The ability to strike willy nilly because someone looked at you "a bit funny".

Might be an improvement from getting systematically blotto for fun all the time...More variety, after all...
devil.gif

Frog in Suit

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frog in Suit
Before we begin to panic, we might want to note that before WWII, there were anti-immigrants (Italian workers) riots in the south of France ("They are taking our jobs from us...").

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

TEHesketh

Reaction score
sarkozy276.jpg

L to R: QE2->German/Scottish, FrenchyPM->Hungarian/Greek, Hottie->Italian/Brazilian (not that Brazilian narrows things down), Harrumpher->Greek/Danish.

Overall, in this group of four: very little Anglo-Saxon or French blood, unless we look past to the Beefeaters.

- B

Remind me again of where the Angles and the Saxons came from and where, beside Britain, they and their decesndants migrated to?

Rob

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SARUAR1258