• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Ах, осень, детский дворик, опавшие листья. Меня понесло в ностальгию... Даже не хочется думать об одежде.
Постараюсь помочь.
24.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
39.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
12.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
23.jpg

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrChris
SpooPoker - Uninspiring? I'm not so sure about that. It's a fine combination of pieces according to me. Perhaps a sober but great color combo as well.

niidawg3 - Great combination of colors.
Sweet lapels on that suit.
I gotta say this is one of your best outfits yet regarding the pattern/colors. The brown/tan tie is picked up nicely by the checked colors in the suit, mixed with blue is great!
However it seems to be a bit tight around the top buttoning points and the sleeves could be a little longer. But you moving while the pics are taken might make it look worse than it actually is.

TwoStep - I like the jacket and the shirt. But I'm not a sports coat and jeans guy.

TC (Houston) - That jacket is really nice. Overall clean and classy look!

MBreinin - Talking about lapels, those are something else
biggrin.gif

I like the shirt and tie and the pants, the jacket not my cup of tea.

bleachboy - I like the jacket and the pants as separate pieces, but together the pattern mix might be too much. Nice tie btw.

Prestosmp - I'd like to see more of that PS, looks nice.

moseytan
- I like everything besides the shoes.

Here is what the PS looks like
69154_533203663776_35500033_31526238_3743256_n.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MBreinin - Talking about lapels, those are something else
biggrin.gif

I like the shirt and tie and the pants, the jacket not my cup of tea.

Fair enough. It is a very vintage style SC, it is also belted and pleated in the back.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Love this whole look.

Nice looks! I enjoy the way you layer / combine colors.

Classy fit from top to toe. I don't see it often, but I like how the straight collar goes with the lapels. Bummer about that shoulder tho
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Thanks for the double kudos. I will get the shoulders fixed. My tailor is pretty good, but mistakes happen. As far as the collar, I wanted to try a long point for a more vintage look, since the SC is decidedly vintage inspired. I like the result.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Went to a wedding yesterday & pulled out the vintage mohair sharkskin & my best Spoo picture montage. Cover your eyes; the sheen is pretty harsh...

Photoon2010-10-09at1804.jpg

Photoon2010-10-09at18122.jpg

Photoon2010-10-09at1815.jpg

That suit is great. Interesting buttoning arrangement though.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
oh, ok ... anything else? come on ... loosen your tongue ... lol ...

you said issues. i'd seriously like to hear them.

No, really...that is it. It is a little tight and it is pulling as a result. Other than that, it looks fine. Not trying to bust your chops, Nii.

Mike

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
someotherstyle, NewYorkRanger, black_nostaljack and BBC all killing it in their last pics

Nii - I like your last pic, but I just can't get down with button-down collars with ties paired with DBs. Personal preference tho'.

PS. might be worth letting out the suit just a touch (it seems to have shrunk at the dry cleaners....
wink.gif
).

bleachboy - blue shoes can be cool, but they seem to clash with the rest of your outfit. I'm not saying you need to wear blue somewhere in your outfit for them to work but there has to be some kind of overall co-ordination at play, I think.

MrChris - this is really great. The cardigan is interesting, with those shoulder flashes of colour; source?

Trying a new, simpler, single-photo format:

oct11005.jpg

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Very nice my friend
smile.gif

I now have 2 so I will be selling the other. There will be more coming from me soon.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Is that a euphemism for "salad bar"?

j/k Nii

niidawg3 - Great combination of colors.
Sweet lapels on that suit.
I gotta say this is one of your best outfits yet regarding the pattern/colors. The brown/tan tie is picked up nicely by the checked colors in the suit, mixed with blue is great!
However it seems to be a bit tight around the top buttoning points and the sleeves could be a little longer. But you moving while the pics are taken might make it look worse than it actually is.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Nii - PS. might be worth letting out the suit just a touch (it seems to have shrunk at the dry cleaners.... ).

Originally Posted by MBreinin
No, really...that is it. It is a little tight and it is pulling as a result. Other than that, it looks fine. Not trying to bust your chops, Nii.

Mike

i thought SF was a safe zone where i could pack on a few pounds and still be treated kindly ... alas i was wrong ... lol.

no seriously ... i need to get back down to 195-200. i'm going down to the gym as soon as i finish this grilled chicken breast, couscous, cornbread, mac n cheese and diet lemonade ...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NOBD
Love the shiny halo, nii.

my gift from God
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BlackBrumel
I'm getting older. Could swear I saw you this morning wearing a different suit.

Are you in Atlanta? If so
blush.gif
blush.gif

Oops ... this is what i wore this morning to show off to my internet "friends" ... you probably saw me in my real clothes

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought SF was a safe zone where i could pack on a few pounds and still be treated kindly ... alas i was wrong ... lol.

no seriously ... i need to get back down to 195-200. i'm going down to the gym as soon as i finish this grilled chicken breast, couscous, cornbread, mac n cheese and diet lemonade ...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

my gift from God
smile.gif

Are you in Atlanta? If so
blush.gif
blush.gif

Oops ... this is what i wore this morning to show off to my internet "friends" ... you probably saw me in my real clothes

Look, Nii...you are preaching to the choir. I can remember vividly when I stepped on the scale, felt it creaking, and saw it flash out 245. 245 on a 5 foot 9 inch dude is not good. That was 14 years ago. I am not busting on your weight, my friend. Just saying it looked a little tight. I have no idea if you gained weight or not.

BUT, since you suggested I let my Gunclub jacket out last week (when I said I would rather just slim down a hair and get it to fit properly the old fashioned way), I figured I owed you the same courtesy.
laugh.gif

As far as that last comment....I try to venture out in what I shoot pics of. But, I admit that there may have been couple of photo ops where the fit was only worn around the house.
blush.gif
blush.gif

Mike

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by moseytan
looking forward to hear how i can improve!
IMG_0644-1.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0643.jpg

Overall, a nicely put together outfit that fits well by mortal standards (Style Forum standards are another matter entirely...)-except below the knee where you are getting in a bit of trouble. It may just be the angle of the shot, but the pants look to be too tapered and I think you would do better with a bit more cuff. And, in my opinion, the shoes do not work at all-definitely not for business. For pleasure you could get away with them, but to my taste they are not a good match for the rest of the outfit. Jacket fits seems good, a bit hard to tell with you scrunching to get the photo.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Look, Nii...you are preaching to the choir. I can remember vividly when I stepped on the scale, felt it creaking, and saw it flash out 245. 245 on a 5 foot 9 inch dude is not good. That was 14 years ago. I am not busting on your weight, my friend. Just saying it looked a little tight. I have no idea if you gained weight or not.

i was being sarcastic ...

BUT, since you suggested I let my Gunclub jacket out last week (when I said I would rather just slim down a hair and get it to fit properly the old fashioned way), I figured I owed you the same courtesy.
laugh.gif
i commented on your jacket more so because the waist was not proportional to the shoulder, not because of your weight (and i think i said that explicitly in my response). i personally dont believe in giving feedback (positive or negative) because someone gave me feedback. but hey ... do you.

As far as that last comment....I try to venture out in what I shoot pics of. But, I admit that there may have been couple of photo ops where the fit was only worn around the house.
blush.gif
blush.gif

Mike
again, i was being sarcastic ... what you see is what i wore. i didnt even know people took pics and didnt go outside with it ... i seriously lol'd at that.

if true ... you seem to take this board too seriously man.

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think most of your stuff is rather sedate (nice way of saying "blah"). Your jackets looks like they are suit separates, for the most part. The fit is not horrible but your color sense is. You make matters worse when you try to spice up the outfits (see: blue shoes). My suggestion, start off with the basics. Navy sportcoat, some kind of herringbone or tweed/gunclub. Get some blue shirts, stripes and solids, they will work great with your skintone. Pinks also. Stay away from patterned pants, unless they fit you perfectly (those don't). Blue shoes are just not going to work in your closet right now. Don't ever wear those again. Your posture is not doing you any favors and those eyeglass frames are not doing you any favors, I would get something round. My thoughts on an outfit for you: A navy or brown herringbone sportcoat (cut like the Brooks sacks that luftvier has been wearing), some mid grey solid pants which are slimmer trough the calves and leg opening, a solid blue or blue stripe shirt with long points and a slight spread collar, a small patterned tie and some dark brown/cordovan wingtips (think RL Darlton, Alden etc).

Good advice. This helps us all. Thanks.

MrChris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
This is really great. If we had a contest for best "Mr. Rogers", you'd effing kill it. Very cool.

Thank's TC.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
MrChris - this is really great. The cardigan is interesting, with those shoulder flashes of colour; source?

Thank's, the cardigan is from Charles Tyrwhitt.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was being sarcastic ...

i commented on your jacket more so because the waist was not proportional to the shoulder, not because of your weight (and i think i said that explicitly in my response). i personally dont believe in giving feedback (positive or negative) because someone gave me feedback. but hey ... do you.

again, i was being sarcastic ... what you see is what i wore. i didnt even know people took pics and didnt go outside with it ... i seriously lol'd at that.

if true ... you seem to take this board too seriously man.

I was giving you honest feedback. The jacket is too tight. I was making an attempt at levity with the rest of it. It is not like I am awaiting an opportunity to strike back at you for your comment, or something like that. Good lord, man.
laugh.gif

I have once gone back in to change after I decided it was just too hot for a suit. After I took the pics, of course.
blush.gif
I took the time to get dressed and take pics, no harm in posting them up.

And, the last thing I take "seriously" is a board full of grown men posting pictures of themselves. This place is pure entertainment, Nii, and I treat it that way. It is a very entertaining distraction from reality....

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPX99